Schrödinger's Gerbil

KLynx

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kajitochishio.tumblr.com
You thought the cat had it bad...

There's a suitcase in my bedroom which is one of the few things I own after having discarded most of my possessions moving from place to place. It is full of papers, and while admittedly some of these are tax records, the rest is a small mountain of handwritten poetry, lyrics, and stories from as far back as elementary school.

Looking at poems from the time my age was only a single digit, I mostly think to myself- "What in the world were my parents smoking that they thought this was natural talent?!"

Now that I've stunningly failed to live up to any of my "potential" in my near 30 years of life, I'm sure they're thinking the same thing.

Writing has been on a small back burner for the past few years as I've been busy taking care of my sick fiance and battling culture shock in Mexico City (I'm originally from the States). Since my fiance has been improving, and the culture shock has been moving towards being only occasional terrorist attacks- I think I'm ready to turn up the heat again.

My writing interests are in sci fi and fantasy YA. While I may not be successful in traditional ways, I'm well traveled and have had nothing if not an interesting life thus far. I hope to bring some of what I've seen and learned into my writing, and create something meaningful for anyone who may read it.

This seems like a wonderful place to find kindred spirits and sound advice, it will be a pleasure to converse with you all. :)

Last edited:

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Don't forget to read the Newbie's Guide and enjoy AW

I have passes for the pool on the roof, only $10

ChronicSelfEditor

F.K.A. NolaBlue
Registered
Reaction score
It's too early in the morning for understanding Herr Schrödinger, but welcome to the forum anyway. :)

*wanders off in search of something to help wake her up*

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.
How do you like your popcorn?

If you go to the bottom of the page to the ‘forum jump’ you can scroll down and find all the areas of this place. Most of the SYW areas require the password of ….vista. A word to the wise, it would be a good idea to participate first in helping others before you think about posting your own work. After you have been around here for awhile, then post something of your own for help. Good luck.

jilly61

aye aye in search of an agent
Registered
Reaction score

MichaelLetters

Never without an Opinion
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jimpeschke.blogspot.com
Great first post, I eagerly await future posts. I look forward to hunting down your published works. Not sure if what you wrote was fiction or an autobiography but it was very well written.

KLynx

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kajitochishio.tumblr.com
Thank you for the welcome messages, everyone.

Michael: Glad you enjoyed the autobiographical post and, with any luck, being here will help me push myself to creating something you have a chance to hunt down. Be sure to wear camouflage.

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sooo, are your stories, lyrics and poetry alive or dead? (Or do they just live in the in-between?:D)

Great to hear your fiancee is improving and you have beaten the culture shock.;)

Good luck with your writing, I look forward to reading some of your work.

Muse

urbanmum

Village Vagabond
Registered
Reaction score
Hello and welcome! I consider being well travelled a success in its own right and yes I believe you'll find many kindred spirits here. 'See' you around...

Aerial

There is no spoon.
Registered
Reaction score
Anyone who invokes Schroedinger deserves a smiley:

:partyguy:

Welcome to AW!

Aerial

KLynx

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kajitochishio.tumblr.com
Welcome to the cooler. There are gerbils in Mexico City?

In every pet store!

Not as common as rats here, which you will send scurrying with each step if you go walking outside at night, but common enough. :)

@Aeriel YAY A SMILEY!

@BRDurkin Thanks, and I will definitely come chat again some time soon.