• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta wanted for "paranormal" romance

Status
Not open for further replies.

TxAuthor

New kid-can handle the truth
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
UPDATE: FOUND A BETA. THANKS!
Hi,

I suppose in addition to posting a sample chapter under SYW should also post here! I put "paranormal" in quotes because that aspect is not the central part of the story, although there is a concentration of it at the beginning to ensure reader understands its presence. I think of the novel more of a mainstream women's with paranormal aspects.

I'm looking for Beta who is experienced writer and can articulate reasons for their suggestions, objections, issues, etc. Hearing someone hates something or it hits them wrong, without an explanation, doesn't help me.

Not particularly looking for grammatical issues, but more big ticket items: Plot, transitions, character development, flow, voice,etc.
If Interested, please PM me. Thanks!

Novel "completed" at ~85,000 words (changes because, is it ever complete before your agent asks for it :)

Will be glad to be a beta reader/or crit partner for you, as well.

My sample under SYW: SciFi/Fantasy, entitled: Sampl Beta: Heirs of the Collective.
Also you can pull up my crit posts. Please let me know if you need anything else. Thanks.

Looking forward to partnering with the right guide.

Last edited:

TxAuthor

New kid-can handle the truth
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Nya. I found a Beta.

Status
Not open for further replies.