Poppin' my AW Cherry

anne_holly

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry - that title is a little grotesque, but it seemed a bit more interesting than "hi - I'm new."

My name is Anne Holly, and I'm looking forward to my first full length romance release with a small e-pub, which pleases me. I have two short releases coming soon, as I thought getting short things out first would help market my longer one.

In "RL," I am a teacher of religion (not theology) and cultural studies at a small university, and I publish in academic non-fiction. I have a small son, and I come from a small town on the East Coast of Canada, and currently hang my hat in Ontario, Canada.

I enjoy film, reading, writing (naturally), and music, and my main hobbies include all of the above, along with blogging and basic survival.

I am very pleased to be here. Pardon me if I just lurk for the first bit. But I have enjoyed reading what I have come across so far, and I hope this will be a nice place for me to learn some ropes and make some writing-world friends.

Thanks for having me!

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.
How do you like your popcorn?

If you go to the bottom of the page to the ‘forum jump’ you can scroll down and find all the areas of this place. Most of the SYW areas require the password of ….vista. A word to the wise, it would be a good idea to participate first in helping others before you think about posting your own work. After you have been around here for awhile, then post something of your own for help. Good luck.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Don't forget to read the Newbie's Guide and enjoy AW

I have passes for the pool on the roof, only $10

anne_holly

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.
How do you like your popcorn?

If you go to the bottom of the page to the ‘forum jump’ you can scroll down and find all the areas of this place. Most of the SYW areas require the password of ….vista. A word to the wise, it would be a good idea to participate first in helping others before you think about posting your own work. After you have been around here for awhile, then post something of your own for help. Good luck.

BBM

Good question! (I am a popcorn fanatic.)

I enjoy my popcorn home-popped (as in, oil and kernels in a big pot on the stove), with sea salt and a bit of cayenne in the oil. This is not b/c I am a foodie-snoot - I just fear microwave popcorn... Likely irrationally.

And thanks much for the advice. :)

Last edited:

anne_holly

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome aboard Anne Holly. Are you a fan of C.S. Lewis? If so what is your favorite book?

Thanks [Cathy]!

I do like C.S. Lewis quite a bit! I enjoy A Grief Observed, Screwtape, and The Four Loves. My favourite bit from him, though, is the "Animal Pain" section from The Problem of Pain - lovely thought processes there.

And, naturally, I enjoyed the Narnia books as a kid, and look forward to enjoying them again when my son is a bit older. :)

Last edited:

anne_holly

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Hello to you Anne, and welcome to AW. Good luck with your upcoming publication!

Nickie

Thanks Nickie! It's a small publishers, but they are treating me very nicely, so I am pleased. Mostly using it as a way to find my way around, but they don't tie me to them so I can (and will, hopefully) try some "bigger" pubs as I gain my footing. Right now, I am in process of learning how to promote myself and such, which can be maddening. Next may come trying to find an agent - bleh.

Thanks again for the welcome. So far, I like what I see here. :)

brainstorm77

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to the cooler.

jilly61

aye aye in search of an agent
Registered
Reaction score

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
One of the best thread titles to ever grace this room, anne_holly.

Welcome to AW. You'll fit right in, I can already tell. :)

anne_holly

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Susie and Silver King.

I'm feeling more at home already. :D

OCEAN

Banned
Reaction score
Only a fellow Canadian would come up with a title like that ...very creative. If it was a book I'm pick it up right now! lol

Welcome...:)
Ocean

anne_holly

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Yep - Canadians have the knack for dirty humour, even while looking innocent. We're like the raunchy Care Bears of the UN.

Thanks for the warm welcome, folks! :hi:

cray

Superior Life form
Registered
Reaction score
welcome and best wishes, anne.

cray

Cella

Cella
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
don't listen to cray, anne. Normally, I mean. ;)