Donald Duck meets Glenn Beck

AMCrenshaw

Registered
Reaction score
Website
dfnovellas.wordpress.com
Begs the question whether Glenn Beck got his ideas from watching Donald Duck.

I notice the video sorta partakes in what it satires. Juxtaposing appropriated images with clips out of context -- that's Beck's activity isn't it? I like this technique. It calls to question one's aim and ethics.

Last edited:

shawkins

Ahhh. Sweet.
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
These uncertain times seem to have gotten to Mr. Beck more than most. It pains me to see a grown man so anxious, so traumatized. Honestly, he comes across as a trifle hysterical.

Whatever can we do to make him feel better? Hmmm. Hmmmm. Oh, wait--I bet this will help!

NY Times: August 17, 2017 - Glenn Beck Hailed as Voice of Hope for the World
Glenn Beck (D), the man credited with bringing peace to the middle east and curing cancer, delivered what observers hailed as 'his most moving speech' today while accepting the Nobel Peace Prize. ...<snip>... "I don't know what was wrong with me back then," said Beck in remarks after the ceremony. "It's like I was the throbbing whitehead of some paranoid right-wing zit." Beck pauses. "Then one day I was ego-googling my name and I stumbled across this link." President Beck smiles. "After that, everything changed."

Last edited:

rugcat

Lost in the Fog
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jlevitt.com
Creative and clever. Loved it. Apparently even Beck appreciated it -- except for the content.

“It is some of the best, well made propaganda I have ever seen.” [...]

“If I’m not mistaken, some of these remix videos – it’s very interesting – I believe get federal funding. I believe it was…one these things that he’s involved in was one of the first to receive federal funding. We’re looking into the funding of this gentleman and the incredible propaganda against me, like you’ve never seen. using Disney and Disney cartoons.”

-- Glenn Beck

leahzero

The colors! THE COLORS!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
words.leahraeder.com
Fantastic.

Expect the slavering Donald Ducks out there to be unable to look at themselves, though.

Ruv Draba

Banned
Reaction score
It's clever, funny and one of the best attacks on shock-jocks of any political persuasion I've seen. People who make money out of preying on ignorance and terrifying people ought to be held accountable for the consequences of their communication. This doesn't do that, but does illustrate why we should.

Don

All Living is Local
Registered
Reaction score
I'm with Mr. Crenshaw on this one. This out-Becks Beck with a clever message: If you don't like what you hear, shoot the messenger. Kinda reminds me of that exploding kid video from a couple of days ago.