Buy books by AWers

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Lily Ruth Publishing

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

Lily Ruth Publishing

Hello

Has anyone submitted to this publisher ? I`m considering submitting to them. I looked around but found very little information. One of their books is listed on the Midwestern review book website. Does this count?

http://lilyruthpublishing.com/default.aspx
    Need Book illustrations : http://penandpaint.webs.com/

aka Sadistic Mistress Mi-chan M.R.J. Le Blanc's Avatar
    Not sure, but the site is copyright 2008 and they only appear to have two authors. That's kinda...weird.
    Follow me on my Blog
    I'm also on Facebook
    I have a Dragon Cave

Here's an article on their site you might want to read.

i write words
    Quote Originally Posted by JulieB View Post
    Here's an article on their site you might want to read.
    Does this mean they're legit?

The article seems to say it is an older sister (22 in 2009) "trying out the publishing world" through her "fledgling" publishing company, started to publish her younger sister's books - her younger sister who "wrote 20 books before she was 13." Oh, and older sister is also an aspiring author.

So, doesn't appear from the article that the "publisher" has any publishing experience, at all.

So, you will have to do more research - are there books in your local bookstores published by this company? Are there any books not written by a family member published by the company?

Those would be critical questions for me...I, personally, wouldn't entrust my book to someone "trying out the publishing world" on their own, and not to aspiring authors who start a company to publish their own books as a way of "trying out the publishing world" .... But that's me.

~suki
    Don't feed the Trolls!

Website ~ Twitter ~ Facebook

RADICAL (Candlewick Press, September 13, 2016!)
    PERSONAL EFFECTS (Candlewick Press, September 2012)
    THINGS I'LL NEVER SAY: STORIES ABOUT OUR SECRET SELVES, "Quick Change" (Candlewick Press, March 2015)
    VIOLENT ENDS, "Astroturf" (Simon Pulse, September 2015)

Quote Originally Posted by new writer 56 View Post
    Hello

Has anyone submitted to this publisher ? I`m considering submitting to them. I looked around but found very little information. One of their books is listed on the Midwestern review book website. Does this count?

What made you start thinking about submitting to them? Did you read one of their books? See it in your local bookstore? How did you hear about them, if there's little information? Why would you submit to a publisher whose books you've never seen or read and about which you know nothing?

And I believe Midwestern Book Review will review anything, even self-published novels, which it seems the Lily Ruth books essentially are; the older sister is publishing her younger sister's work, but it's still basically self-publishing.
    http://www.staciakane.com

FIVE DOWN, a Downside anthology, available now!
    Four previously published short stories and one brand new novella, together in one volume.

Click here for more details.

WRONG WAYS DOWN available now!

Quote Originally Posted by Aidan Watson-Morris View Post
    Does this mean they're legit?
    I certainly don't think they're a scam, if that's what you're asking. I do think that they're small and new and started to publish the books of a single author, and now seem to be branching out. I wouldn't sub for a year or so, just to see how they're doing.

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Site, Tw & FB gone. Last book published in '13. SW page remains: https://www.smashwords.com/profile/v...ruthpublishing
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017: