Darn

Chris P

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Haha! Oh no! Maybe I need to stop posting so my sales will go up!

Of course, if I sold one, my sales would go up...

MichaelLetters

Never without an Opinion
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jimpeschke.blogspot.com
Chris I am seriously thinking of stopping posting if we don't get a sale soon. We have sold right around 45 units a months since the book went up for sale July 10th. Two more days is all I am giving it to see if the jinx is removed.

Chris P

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Aw, buck up little camper. There could be a million reasons for the sluggish sales. In either case, we simply do not have the power to jinx ourselves with incidental things like signing up to a website. Besides, you joined three days ago; how many 3-day periods--one day of which was a Sunday--have you gone without sales since July 10?

Seeing that it's CreateSpace, it's logical there would be an initial flush of purchases as friends and people actively interested in the topic snap up the first orders. Perhaps your initial marketing has reached most of the people it can and a renewed effort might be called for. I'm no expert at this; perhaps you could look for suggestions or post a topic in the Self-pub and POD forum. Or maybe it's just "one of those things."

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I confess, I was buying all of them, but now the space I had in the garage is filled solid.

Maryn, winking

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome to the watercooler :welcome:

Take a wander around the various forums, there's lots to see and lots to learn, and even some fun threads too. Come along and pop on over to the Traditional Irish Pub (at the top of the Newbie forum) and say hi, there's plenty of friendly faces that you can chat with and lots of banter. There's also the Question of the Day threads at the top of the Newbie forum where you can answer random questions.

Don't forget to read the newbie guide, and if you want to know what all the buttons mean check out this thread.

entropic island

Registered
Reaction score
I am beginning to think that some people don't actually read some of the posts.
They don't have time to. By trying to hospitable, sometimes they just post form responses.

Trust me, they're are a lot of newbie threads out there.