AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: About.com

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

About.com

I'm curious to hear from anyone who may have work for this company as a writer or guide. I had a rather odd experience with them. Thanks.

Rock and Squiggle plaidearthworm's Avatar
    If you check the Freelance board, you'll find the SEO/Content/Blog Networks, and an About.com thread with literally years of discussion.
    Did you know laughing makes you look younger? Drop a few years over at An Army of Ermas!

Every day is a geek holiday over at Pure Geek!

Is the moon rising in your house or are you just happy to see me? Check out your weekly forecast at Wisecrack Zodiac!

Thanks. I can't find it. Could you please post the link to that thread. I appreciate it.

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    ICAO
    ---------

Censorship always defeats its own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion. -- Henry Steele Commager
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

Thanks very much. I just saw some news articles about their recent settlement of a class action suit brought against them by former "guides," which is what I was being considered for. I also found lots of complaints on Writer's Weekly. Glad I dodged that bullet!