October 2010 JHS

Skyraven

What happened to my LIFE?!
Registered
Reaction score
Dawn - lol Four deadlines? That's a lot but I know you can do it.
Schriscoe - writing in between is the way I live most of the time. lol Writing while traveling to see clients, during lunch, even when I'm on my way to get kiddo from afterschool. I have both a full time and part time job so I need to squeeze in writing wherever I can. lol
Just doing the dayjob thing before bed. My post for the Freshman Writer will go live in the morning. :) So happy to be writing regularly again. lol

CatMuse33

Just hitting send
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.allcotmedia.com
Heiddi,
I'm happy to see you writing again too! :)

Knocked off two out of the four deadlines, plus 4 blog posts for CreditShout.com, so I'm good there until the end of this week. (I post daily there). I'm working on a 5th post for CreditShout so I'll be good until next Monday. 11 posts in about four hours of writing today ... not too bad.

Also responded to a query through www.writeraccess.com to someone looking for copywriters.

The posted rates at WriterAccess are really low, but I recommend the website for anyone starting out. Just having a profile there has given me 4 job leads... none of them interested me, but it was more the subject matter than the pay rates. This guy seemed to really want me as a copywriter and he's in the home improvement industry, which is something I'm focusing on in personal life, if not in writing. I'd like to work with him, so we'll see.

Dawn

Skyraven

Registered
Reaction score
Dawn, thanks so much for the encouragement and support. Did you get my email? HOpe so. Glad to see that your plowing through those deadlines. I'll check out the new site. Today, I started using a cluster exercise to brainstorm some parenting ideas. Been avoiding it for fear that I wouldn't come up with anything. Then I realized that I wouldn't have been hired for that blogging gig if I didn't pass muster. :) So I started that. I also applied to a single mom blogging job that I'm really hoping I get because it's so perfect for me. And I found another gig that I'd like to check out since it'll be a on-going (and well-paying) writing job. That's all from me. :)

Skyraven

Registered
Reaction score
My post for the new blogging gig will be up tomorrow. :) The link is here. Not sure what time though, but I'm so excited about it! :)

zebrachick83

Registered
Reaction score
Just dropping in to say hi Skyraven! I'm a Senior Guide at Mahalo and I've been there a year. Love it, love it, love it. ;) I'm editing there now and I miss writing, so I'm jumping back into freelancing to keep my writing juices going. I'll be more involved in November's JHS!

Skyraven

Registered
Reaction score
Hiya zebra! I decided not to go ahead with the q & a from mahalo. Didn't think it'd be a good use of my writing for so little pay. Gave myself a raise! lol Glad to have you back mama.
As for me, I've scheduled a post for FW for Tuesday and thinking of running a contest there as well. A humor prompt contest for two gently used writing books for beginners. Gotta make it good. What do you think writers?

Last edited:

zebrachick83

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome! :D I don't blame you for not doing the Guru Q&A program. That's certainly for part-time or casual freelancers who don't really need money. The guide program is our full-time writing program, so any of you guys who want to write are welcome to sign up!

A humor prompt contest sounds like a great idea! Fiction is really scary to me. I haven't written any since 5th grade....:eek:

Skyraven

Registered
Reaction score
I've applied to the contributing writer for one topic and guide for two. Only got a response for one guide topic. Nothing about the other two. :/ Oh well. Not my time for that yet. :) lol