Buy books by AWers

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Shelly Lynn Agency

Shelly Lynn Agency

Does anyone know anything about Shelly Fagin of the Shelly Lynn Agency? I can't find her in the list on this forum, and she doesn't appear to be listed at Preditors and Editors, and the only thing that comes up when I google her or the agency is the listing at Writers.net, which is where I found her in the first place.

Chris
    I have a mind like a steel...thingmabob...you know...doohickey.

http://www.cebarrett.com for excerpts from "Angels Among Us" and more. What if you were a closet heterosexual? What would you do when you met the woman of your dreams?

practical experience, FTW J. Y. Moore's Avatar
    She is not listed in AAR or any of the other references I checked. I would at least ask what titles they've sold in the last year.
    J. Y. (Jean) Moore
    Illegitimi Non Carborundum

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    I dredged up one more hit, not that it gives any more info:
    http://www.sologig.com/soloist/proje...php?id=8177909

Echoing J.Y.; confirm her client list before querying.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

Thanks for trying.

I think I'll let her sit on the back burner until I get in some more replies (acceptance, maybe? hopeful look) from others first.

Chris
    I have a mind like a steel...thingmabob...you know...doohickey.

http://www.cebarrett.com for excerpts from "Angels Among Us" and more. What if you were a closet heterosexual? What would you do when you met the woman of your dreams?

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin Rayme_Jean_Dunlap's Avatar
    I was just looking her up when I found this page...I too am doing research on these diffrent people and componies...Just to make sure they ARE real...

Your Genial Uncle Absolute Sage James D. Macdonald's Avatar
    Start at the top and work down.

A useful agent has sold books you've heard of.

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Still nothing but the WN listing. The Sologig bit is gone, but here's what it said.

The Shelly Lynn Agency in Phoenix, AZ is accepting literary submissions for review and for possible representation. We specialize in chick-lit, women's interest, romance and suspense novels. If you have a completed manuscript you would like us to review please send a synopsis of the novel and the first ten pages to us by email. We will contact you if your manuscript interest us and request the rest of the manuscript. Please include a valid email address and further contact information. We DO NOT charge reading fees and will never recommend you to an editing service. We are a legit agency looking to represent authors and get them published. Thank you! Shelly Lynn Fagin The Shelly Lynn Agency
    Pass.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

Gone
    Hmm. When someone goes out of their way to assure me they're legit, red flags go up for me.
    Winner of Uncle Jim's Whoo Hoo Super Writer Award and Nomad's Most Use of Vowels in a Screen Name Award as well as Maryn's Only Person on AW Whose Name Anagrams to "I, Octane," "Act I (One)" and "Nice tao" Award in addition to batgirl's Culpeper Award for Botanically Erudite Screen Name plus awatkins' AW's Most Creative Srounger [sic] of Rep Points Award not to mention azbikergirl's Arizona Most Awarded Writer Award and also Dawno's Most Interesting Signature Line Award

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin Rayme_Jean_Dunlap's Avatar
    hmmmm