Back to school kiddies

kuwisdelu

Revolutionize the World
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, definitely! I was friends with a ton of them. Usually they liked the setup at the alternative school. Certainly most of them did very well, too.

I hate it when systems have it so that the only option is to drop out. So many do, from what I read/hear.

School bored me. I asked my parents to let me be homeschooled. They said no. I cried for a bit, and then toughed it out.

And I was going to a private school for the "gifted and talented." I can't even imagine how boring public school would have been.

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
And I was going to a private school for the "gifted and talented." I can't even imagine how boring public school would have been.

Exceptionally, even in the advanced and college level classes. I know the last semester of Calculus, I stayed in the back of the room playing with logic puzzles rather than listening to our teacher, and for AP Gov't, I did the year's worth of "notebook" assignments (which our teacher only checked the last week of school) during AP English -- while they were watching Forest Gump.

They actually had to issue a moratorium on Forest Gump and the Lion King our Senior year as there were students whose entire day consisted of watching one or the other in EVERY SINGLE CLASS.

backslashbaby

~~~~*~~~~
Registered
Reaction score
I had a math teacher who would not let me do any homework in class. I was so bored in her class -- man! I'd do other quiet things because I couldn't stand it, and she'd call me to the board every time.

Where I'd do the problem correctly, every time.

If I had questions, I'd listen closely, obviously. I just couldn't stand the repetition.

It's the One Size Fits All kid of mentality that freaks me out about teaching very often. Why disrupt the class* for a solid A student quietly reading?

ETA - * she'd take a few minutes to scold me every time she challenged me to do the problem she was discussing.

Last edited:

TerzaRima

Absinthe O'Malice
Registered
Reaction score
during AP English -- while they were watching Forest Gump.

In AP English? Mother of all that is holy, your teacher should have been canned. That film shouldn't even be shown in a film class, unless it's a survey course of Treacliest Movies Shown at the Hell Plaza 101.

Last edited: