The AW Amazon Store
Buy Books by AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fine Literary Management (Susan Finesman)

Witching Savannah series 47North jdhorn's Avatar

Fine Literary Management (Susan Finesman)

Hello-just wondering if anyone has had any dealings with Finesman Literary Management out of Los Angeles?

Thanks!

Link??

EDIT:

http://fineliterary.com/

these guys?
    Last edited by Little1; 09-27-2010 at 11:15 PM.
    In Progress:
    Prince$$ Ti@ of Alumin@ Querying :S

Witching Savannah series 47North jdhorn's Avatar

Smile yes...

Yes-The site is Fine Literary, but it is run by Susie Finesman.

Anyone? I just received a requst for a partial from them. There is not much information on there site... Anyone have any news or a feel about them?
    In Progress:
    Prince$$ Ti@ of Alumin@ Querying :S

Tell me to leave. Please. honeysock's Avatar
    Here's a client:

http://www.caseymaxwellclair.com/Caseys_Site/More.html

And PM shows a sale in August 2010.

practical experience, FTW valca85's Avatar
    Has anyone signed with her? She is reading my manuscript so I'd like to know, thanks

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

For the life of me, I couldn't find the August 2010 sale on PM. Honeysock, what parameters did you use for the search?

Does anyone have any experiences to post about this agent/agency? I sent a query back 1/31/11, and received a request for more material this morning (4/09/11).

Tell me to leave. Please. honeysock's Avatar
    [QUOTE=Maddie;6016668]For the life of me, I couldn't find the August 2010 sale on PM. Honeysock, what parameters did you use for the search?

Gosh, Maddie, that was 5 months ago. I can't even remember what I had for supper last night. I would try to duplicate my search but I've let my PM subscription go. Sorry I couldn't be of more help. : (

That's okay, thanks for replying. If she offers rep, I'll ask about her clients. And damn, I can't remember what I had for dinner last night either...

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin Writer'sNotes's Avatar
    Query: 4/9
    Request for partial: 4/9
    Rejection of said partial: 4/10

Not much time to get my hopes up, but for any looking to query, this agent does seem to be checking her inbox this weekend. She seems fast and professional, as far as I can tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Writer'sNotes View Post
    Query: 4/9
    Request for partial: 4/9
    Rejection of said partial: 4/10

Not much time to get my hopes up, but for any looking to query, this agent does seem to be checking her inbox this weekend. She seems fast and professional, as far as I can tell.
    Wow, Writer'sNotes, that's what I call a "quicky"! Susan responded to the query I sent 1/31 just yesterday morning, so she's obviously working over the weekend. Keep querying - don't give up, and thanks for the info.

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

Any News?

Has anyone heard any news lateley?
    Author of: Bolt Action Champagne Books, Haunting of Ingersull Penitenitary Muse It Up Publishing, Sled Dog Tales and What if a Zebra Had Triangles? Dancing With Bear Publishing. www.victoriaroder.com

Living the Dream (Nightmare) silver76's Avatar
    i signed with her two weeks ago. from query to signing took 3 weeks. i'd be happy to answer any questions.
    PR33TY AMY, Entangled Publishing MAY 2012
    D3AR CASSI3, Entangled Publishing MARCH 2013
    "Don't G#t Fat", Break These Rules: 35 YA Authors Write About Speaking Up, Standing Out, and Being Yourself, Chicago Review Press, Fall 2013

Goodreads
    Blog
    Website
    ORDER PRETTY AMY

Congratulations Silver76!

I am thrilled for you. What genre do you write? You answered my question on time frame. I sent my query six weeks ago, so according to her website that's a no thank you.
    Again, congratulations to you. I wish you much success.
    Author of: Bolt Action Champagne Books, Haunting of Ingersull Penitenitary Muse It Up Publishing, Sled Dog Tales and What if a Zebra Had Triangles? Dancing With Bear Publishing. www.victoriaroder.com

Congrats Silver76 on signing. Any feedback from them since? I just received a request from Susan's assistant for a partial, after only 2 hours from sending a query.

Living the Dream (Nightmare) silver76's Avatar
    Hi Steve,
    I only just saw your message- Susie rules! She sold my book!!! The mark of a great agent
    PR33TY AMY, Entangled Publishing MAY 2012
    D3AR CASSI3, Entangled Publishing MARCH 2013
    "Don't G#t Fat", Break These Rules: 35 YA Authors Write About Speaking Up, Standing Out, and Being Yourself, Chicago Review Press, Fall 2013

Goodreads
    Blog
    Website
    ORDER PRETTY AMY

Congrats!

What's your book?

From the information I can gather, most of her sales for her author lIsa Burstein are all to Entangled, in which the author does not need an agent to submit to the publisher, I'd wait before querying her

That's good. Was some sort of advance negotiated? Where did she do an internship? Has she made any commercial sales? I'm sure she must be a fine lady but anyone can call themselves an agent. The whole point of having an agent is to get your book to where you can't.

I received this email earlier today:

Am so sorry to bother you, I am in Limassol, Cyprus and I just misplaced my bag containing all my vital items, phone and money. I am stranded at the moment and may need a little help from you.

Thanks
    --
    SUSAN FINESMAN

I hope some sympathetic Cyprian helps her out.
    Running On Empty available now.

The Right Hand Rule
    available now.
    My website

practical experience, FTW
    Vandal, I got the same email, and I can't recall ever having any contact with Susan Finesman.

Someone likely hacked into Ms. Finesman's email account, and is sending the same email to everyone they can. It's a common scam, and one that somebody tried to use with my daughter's email, saying she was stranded in the UK, while standing right in front of me. Interestingly enough, some people do succumb to these scams, and wire funds out of empathy, or Karma. My daughter's uncle was furious with me for not bailing her out (again, she was in the US, not the UK), and almost wired the $500 bucks himself. One of my musician friends actually did get hacked, and several people wired money, which is just the same as flushing it down the toilet. I always have fun playing with people who send these emails via hacking. My favorite is to email the hacker, offer a grand or two US$, and then ask how "poor little Jeff and Buffy are holding up?"

That email is a common hacker email. Honestly, I think that comment should be removed because nobody is immune to those hacks and you can't help it if someone hacks you and sends out those weird emails. I thought everyone knew about that scam by now. Those have been going around for eons.

When I queried her awhile back she requested a partial, which she then lost. I nudged and she finally read it. She was nice and apologetic, but her feedback was odd. She compared my book to a movie that had really loose correlations. You'd have to stretch pretty far to say they were the same thing. The novel I queried is a thriller with a horrible violent stalker and it happens to have a romantic subplot. The movie she compared it to was a light hearted romance. It made me feel like she hadn't even read my work, or she just skimmed it really quickly.

She only has a few sales listed on Publisher's Marketplace. Anybody have any new good info on her? Is she actually selling people's work? Is it worth querying her with my next project?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast