The AW Amazon Store
Buy Books by AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: FPL On Line / Darkened Doorways Publications

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

FPL On Line / Darkened Doorways Publications

Worth checking out:

http://shocklinesforum.yuku.com/topic/16113

Looks like there may be some shady history here. In the past few weeks, however, this new joint has already gone through a name change. Not long after certain comments were made about that possible shady history I mentioned.
    "Happy people have no stories" —Therapy?

Shock Totem | The Eyesore Times | Getcha Rocks Off

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

but appreciated anyway... Unimportant's Avatar
    It seems unlikely that a brand new startup offering no pay would have much in the way of industry ties, yet their webpage says that next month they'll be posting interviews with Anne Rice and Travis Thrasher.

FYI - There is now evidence of plagiarism by Leo Wolfe (aka David Boyer, David Byron, David Brookes, et al.) http://shocklinesforum.yuku.com/topi...10.html?page=2
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
    Yeah, pretty sad.
    "Happy people have no stories" —Therapy?

Shock Totem | The Eyesore Times | Getcha Rocks Off

Requiescat In Pace Requiescat In Pace

practical experience, FTW
    I always come out in a cold sweat when I read this kind of thing. I have visions of an entire issue of GUD magazine being pulped.

*shudders*

Hope it never happens to us.

Writer Beware® has blogged about whatshisname's exploits: http://accrispin.blogspot.com/2010/1...lagiarist.html
    ICAO
    ---------

After another year of recurrent plagiarism (recounted here and on blogs mentioned previously), Boyer's victims have opened a file with Indiana's Attorney General: http://thewriterandthewhitecat.blogs...l-writers.html.
    ICAO
    ---------

The Horror Writers Association has thrown their support behind bringing the infamous plagarist, David Boyer, to justice. From the HWA Facebook page:
    HWA supports call for investigation into David Boyer

Please find below a letter sent from the Horror Writers Association to the Office of the Indiana Attorney General. A complaint has been lodged by new HWA member Ferrell (Rick) Moore against David Boyer, who operates under many different aliases and who is alleged to have plagiarized dozens, if not hundreds, of writers, including many members of... the HWA. The Board were pleased to support the call for an investigation into Boyer – it is a shame that our industry does not have the clout or the finances of the music industry, we therefore must rely on legal authorities to action copyright law on our behalf. Read more at the link below. If you have been plagiarized by Boyer please write to the address below and add to your weight to the complaint.

http://thewriterandthewhitecat.blogspot.com/2011/10/call-to-action-for-all-writers.html

October 6, 2011

Tom Irons
    Consumer Protection Division
    Office of the Indiana Attorney General
    302 W. Washington St., 5th Floor
    Indianapolis, IN 46204

Dear Mr. Irons:

It has come to our attention that you may be investigating the case of an Indiana
    resident named David Boyer (File No. 10-CP-62157). Mr. Boyer has allegedly engaged in possible criminal activity, principally plagiarism and consumer fraud, and several HWA members have expressed concern over his activities.

We would like to urge you to investigate. As the world's largest organization serving professional writers of horror and dark fantasy, we take plagiarism and copyright infringement very seriously. A writer's work is both their income and their legacy, and we strongly support an author's rights and duties to protect their work. Many writers don't have the resources of a large corporation behind them or the personal resources necessary to pursue civil action, so we must rely on the criminal justice system to protect our interests. Individuals engaging in activities that take profits from those who created original work must not be allowed to continue this injurious behavior.

We trust you will take the appropriate action, and thank you for your attention to this matter.

Sincerely,

Rocky Wood
    President, Horror Writers Association

Been quiet lately ... but here's another round-up: http://www.thehorrorzine.com/Beware/...lagiarist.html
    ICAO
    ---------