• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

LUNA (div. of Harlequin)

Saanen

Registered
Reaction score
I've searched the forums and can't find a thread on this Harlequin imprint (they're unusual in that they publish fantasy rather than romance). The website for Luna is http://www.eharlequin.com/store.html?cid=309 and the only submission guidelines I can find for them are here: http://www.eharlequin.com/articlepage.html?articleId=698&chapter=0

I'm frustrated trying to figure out if they accept unsolicited submissions, if they're open for submissions, and if so, where they want submissions sent. It certainly sounds like they're trying very hard to keep people from contacting them. Does anyone have any experience submitting here?

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
This part of the guidelines seems to answer your questions:

Submissions
Detailed synopsis and three sample chapters or complete manuscript if available
Simultaneous submissions are acceptable
If a previous editorial relationship in the company has been established, that can be continued — or feel free to submit to the editors below:

Executive Editor: Tracy Farrell
Editorial Office: New York, U.S.A
What are you confused about?

Saanen

Registered
Reaction score
Well, the lack of submissions address, for one.

ETA: and I could swear a few weeks ago when I checked their guidelines, it didn't have that information. Feeling kind of dumb now.

Erin

Listening to my other selves
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.erinrichards.com
That editor info's old. I believe the Executive Editor now is Tara Parsons (Tracy retired in February)--at least Tara was the editor in March when I subbed. Send subs to their New York address.

Saanen

Registered
Reaction score
That editor info's old. I believe the Executive Editor now is Tara Parsons (Tracy retired in February)--at least Tara was the editor in March when I subbed. Send subs to their New York address.

Thanks very much!

I finally found the address, for anyone else who might be searching:
233 Broadway, Suite 1001
New York, NY 10279

Now that I've convinced everyone that I have all the perceptive abilities of a toddler doped up on sugary cereal, I'll quietly slink away.

HapiSofi

Hagiographically Advantaged
Registered
Reaction score
I could swear a few weeks ago when I checked their guidelines, it didn't have that information. Feeling kind of dumb now.
I see no need for it. Who knows how often they fiddle with their website, or when the details were changed?

Ephiny0

Registered
Reaction score
Website
sarahbyrne.org

Myrealana

I aim to misbehave
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.badfoodie.com
I can't find any information, but in their Luna Books store, the newest title they've released is from Sep 2013.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Is (re)issuing books by Mercedes Lackey this year, but by most accounts LUNA authors were moved to MIRA.