The AW Amazon Store
Buy books by AWers

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: LUNA (div. of Harlequin)

LUNA (div. of Harlequin)

I've searched the forums and can't find a thread on this Harlequin imprint (they're unusual in that they publish fantasy rather than romance). The website for Luna is http://www.eharlequin.com/store.html?cid=309 and the only submission guidelines I can find for them are here: http://www.eharlequin.com/articlepag...=698&chapter=0

I'm frustrated trying to figure out if they accept unsolicited submissions, if they're open for submissions, and if so, where they want submissions sent. It certainly sounds like they're trying very hard to keep people from contacting them. Does anyone have any experience submitting here?
    Visit my website!

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    This part of the guidelines seems to answer your questions:

Submissions
    Detailed synopsis and three sample chapters or complete manuscript if available
    Simultaneous submissions are acceptable
    If a previous editorial relationship in the company has been established, that can be continued ó or feel free to submit to the editors below:

Executive Editor: Tracy Farrell
    Editorial Office: New York, U.S.A
    What are you confused about?
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

Well, the lack of submissions address, for one.

ETA: and I could swear a few weeks ago when I checked their guidelines, it didn't have that information. Feeling kind of dumb now.
    Visit my website!

Listening to my other selves Erin's Avatar
    That editor info's old. I believe the Executive Editor now is Tara Parsons (Tracy retired in February)--at least Tara was the editor in March when I subbed. Send subs to their New York address.
    DRAGONFLY NIGHTMARE: YA Romantic Suspense - Available Now!
    VIGILANTE NIGHTS: YA Suspense - (Merit Press/F+W Media).

Website | Blog | Twitter | Facebook

Want to keep up with my latest news and releases? Subscribe to my Newsletter for FREE eBook, exclusive subscriber only content and giveaways!

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    That editor info's old. I believe the Executive Editor now is Tara Parsons (Tracy retired in February)--at least Tara was the editor in March when I subbed. Send subs to their New York address.
    Thanks very much!

I finally found the address, for anyone else who might be searching:
    233 Broadway, Suite 1001
    New York, NY 10279

Now that I've convinced everyone that I have all the perceptive abilities of a toddler doped up on sugary cereal, I'll quietly slink away.
    Visit my website!

ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

Hagiographically Advantaged AW Moderator HapiSofi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Saanen View Post
    I could swear a few weeks ago when I checked their guidelines, it didn't have that information. Feeling kind of dumb now.
    I see no need for it. Who knows how often they fiddle with their website, or when the details were changed?
    Winner of the Best Drycleaner on the Block Award.

figuring it all out
    Just wondering if anyone has more recent information on LUNA, and whether they're still accepting submissions? I don't see any mention of this line on the main submissions page http://www.harlequin.com/articlepage...=538&chapter=0, or any option to submit to them via the new Submittable system, though the guidelines are still online at http://www.harlequin.com/articlepage...=698&chapter=0.

I can't find any information, but in their Luna Books store, the newest title they've released is from Sep 2013.
    -- Myrea
    "When it comes down to it itís always, always you and the white page. At the end of the day if the page is blank, itís won. Donít let the page win."
    Alasdair Stewart

Is (re)issuing books by Mercedes Lackey this year, but by most accounts LUNA authors were moved to MIRA.
    ICAO
    ---------