• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Evernight Publishing / Evernight Teen

Pisco Sour

Registered
Reaction score
You mean next month? If that's the case, OMG wow!

Yupitydoo! The story is a 11K, 'Romance on the Go', and I guess they really, really mean it! LOL. If it were a full length book, or even a novella I'd be worried, but it's a short and I know I can turn it around quickly. I guess they work fast and/or they are really keen to get the ROTG stories out? Dunno. Anyway, I asked re my specific release date but haven't been given one, or heard from my editor. I'm assuming this will happen some time soon as the story needs editing etc, and I just signed my contract yesterday. I have the cover art sheet and am working on the blurb (Man, I hate writing those!). However, all very exciting and so different to what I'm used to.

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
Yupitydoo! The story is a 11K, 'Romance on the Go', and I guess they really, really mean it! LOL. If it were a full length book, or even a novella I'd be worried, but it's a short and I know I can turn it around quickly. I guess they work fast and/or they are really keen to get the ROTG stories out? Dunno. Anyway, I asked re my specific release date but haven't been given one, or heard from my editor. I'm assuming this will happen some time soon as the story needs editing etc, and I just signed my contract yesterday. I have the cover art sheet and am working on the blurb (Man, I hate writing those!). However, all very exciting and so different to what I'm used to.

Oh, okay. That makes sense then.

Pisco Sour

Registered
Reaction score
Pisco--Still swift turnaround for a short, IMO. Congrats. I have yet to hear back from agent on this one. I do like them.

tri

Yeah, if I blink I might miss my edits. ;)

I hope it's good news from your agent that Evernight is the house for your story, but it does seem from what you said that their fledgling YA imprint is taking a while to get off its feet. Fingers crossed, 'cause from experience it's terrible when you make a mistake and publish with the wrong house. It's going to take me a long time to get over that particular mistake!

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
Yeah, if I blink I might miss my edits. ;)

I hope it's good news from your agent that Evernight is the house for your story, but it does seem from what you said that their fledgling YA imprint is taking a while to get off its feet. Fingers crossed, 'cause from experience it's terrible when you make a mistake and publish with the wrong house. It's going to take me a long time to get over that particular mistake!

Well, I've got five sales to choose from so no doubt we'll home in on the right fit. It's going to get real tricky dealing with all of them at nearly the same time--and still the requests keep coming in.

tri

Pisco Sour

Registered
Reaction score
Well, I've got five sales to choose from so no doubt we'll home in on the right fit. It's going to get real tricky dealing with all of them at nearly the same time--and still the requests keep coming in.

tri

That is, indeed, a nice place to be! For me, even choosing between ice cream flavours can be a drawn out process resulting in meltdown.

Re Evernight, they've replied to my e-mail and I'll have a firm release date once first edits are done. I'm happy with that and the responses I've been given. All prompt, all professional...all good!

Morgan Hunter

Creativity...feel it; live it
Registered
Reaction score
Updates and such!

Hey fellow Evernighters and/or prospective submitters,

Dropping in for more updates because a lot has happened in the last two months since my last post.

1) My first book, Filling the Void, released last week and, if I might add, is an Editor's Pick! WooHoo!:partyguy:

2)I finished and submitted my second book, Mechanical Vice, and received a contract! Woohoo! :snoopy:

3) Almost finished with my anthology piece for the Bad Alpha call! Yay! :hooray:

4) And last, but not least, I have already begun writing my first of, hopefully, many sequels to Filling the Void! Oh yeah! :e2writer:

All in all, I have been very happy with my experiences at Evernight thus far. They are fast, helpful, and have a great team of editors, cover artists, and authors who are all willing to drop what they are doing to help you with your new or next release. It really feels like a family and I'm honored to say I'm a part of their writing clan!

Cheers,

~MH~

Last edited:

Pisco Sour

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats Morgan!

Hope the sales go well! I'm waiting for my edits, which I understand are coming to me in May. Really looking forward to seeing the cover art. Your's is beautiful! I love Evernight covers!

brainstorm77

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Morgan, congrats! I have been with Evernight since 2010 and have not had any issues with them. They always pay on time and run like clockwork once the publishing process is started. :)

FCChen

All Ogre Now
Registered
Reaction score
Submitted my first manuscript to Evernight today! (4/23) I'll update you all about it as soon as I receive word. :)

oceansoul

Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations, Morgan! Also, I love your cover. It's really eyecatching!

Pisco Sour

Registered
Reaction score
Submitted my first manuscript to Evernight today! (4/23) I'll update you all about it as soon as I receive word. :)

Fingers crossed for you! From what I've read this is a nice house to write for. I'm just beginning the process with them, with my erotic RTOG, and really looking forward to seeing my cover.

Last edited:

S.C. Wynne

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sc-wynne.com
They're wonderful to work with. Very quick turn around times for both acceptance/rejection and edits. They don't do a super duper tough edit, just for anyone who wants that. I love that they are responsive, stable and you can get stories out quicker than at some of the other houses. I think they will be a force to be reckoned with in the future. :)

Zombie Fraggle

Thick Skin Pre-Installed
Registered
Reaction score
They don't do a super duper tough edit, just for anyone who wants that.

And that's a deal-breaker for me.

After reading all the recent positive comments about this publisher, I decided to investigate. The first Evernight title I clicked on had an elementary grammatical error in the blurb/description (perhaps a result of an intended editorial change of a pronoun to a proper name). I wasn't inspired to investigate further.

*In the spirit of RYFW, I chose not to mention the title of the book with the error in the blurb. The mistake was along the lines of: "Mary she will show John how much she loves him."

FCChen

All Ogre Now
Registered
Reaction score
Submitted my manuscript: 4/23
Received acceptance: 5/27

Will update you all as the process goes along! The story I submitted is M/M. :D

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
Received a contract offer within 30 days. They have pretty good reports. Alas, when I went back and forth with them about some essentials, they told me that an agent wouldn't help much with the contract. This smelled like a non- negotiable contract to me. I put them on the back burner, even though they really gave me rave reviews on the book. I never exclude my agent on any acceptances I get. This is about the fourth or fifth small publisher who were gun shy of agents or flatly refused to work with them. Too bad.

tri

Cassie Knight

Romance with Kick-Assitude!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cassielknight.net
Sorry, Tri. I just think you aren't running into ones that do like Champagne Book Group, eTreasures Publishing, Soul Mate Publishing--I could probably find more. PM if you'd like me to--I have a resource to a bunch of digital publishers.

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
Sorry, Tri. I just think you aren't running into ones that do like Champagne Book Group, eTreasures Publishing, Soul Mate Publishing--I could probably find more. PM if you'd like me to--I have a resource to a bunch of digital publishers.

Thanks, Cassie. eTreasures doesn't appear in my sent file, so I must have overlooked it. I checked out their website. They do take what I write--all three books, as a matter of fact. Soul Mate rejected me some time back. Champagne Books requested a full and a marketing plan, but I haven't heard from them since 2-24-15.

tri

Cassie Knight

Romance with Kick-Assitude!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cassielknight.net
Hmm. I'll PM you--get your book title/name and find out. I'm still the Senior Editor there but we have someone new handling acquisitions. And eTP is very small.

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
Thanks, Cassie. I'm assuming you mean Champagne Books. Wonderful. Here's my archive records on them. You can see I was excited:

[FONT=&quot]Champagne Books—Iron Girl—RTF—synopsis, query and 3 chapters—2-3-2015—Susan Brooks likes the first three and wants the full—2-24-2015—THEY JUST ASKED FOR A MARKETING PLAN!

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The Title of the Book is Iron Girl and my full name is Chris Stevenson[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

CDancourt

Registered
Reaction score
Hi there,

Got a positive reply for a very short Romance of the Go today. Very happy but also a bit puzzled/suspicious, because the email is about two lines
("Thank you for your submission. We would be happy to publish your story at Evernight. If you accept, I'll email you a contract and cover sheet."). They are not asking for revisions or anything. Is that standard with them?

Thanks!

Thedrellum

Grr. Argh.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.patreon.com
If it's a short story, I wouldn't be expecting them to ask for revisions. This is based on my experience with other short fiction markets, though, not Evernight.

In short, I wouldn't be suspicious. At least I'd wait for suspicion until I saw the contract.

ETA: Congratulations!