• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Evernight Publishing / Evernight Teen

Jamiekswriter

USA Today Bestselling Author
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jkschmidt.com
Sweet means that the sex takes place behind closed doors -- as in the reader isn't getting a blow by blow -- pun intended :D

Renee Silvana

Registered
Reaction score
It seems that menage and interracial have been doing best, but recently a contemporary has made it to several best-seller lists.

brainstorm77

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for that.

It's now being considered at EC, Carina, and Samhain. EC sent me notice it got through the first round of consideration, which is farther than I've ever gotten with them. I guess I'll just see what happens.

How many rounds of consideration do they have?

Southofneptune

Registered
Reaction score
Low pay for editors

I'm trying to find a position as an editor, so I applied to Evernight because the covers looked decent and the stories didn't seem bad. A few days later I got a brief response where I was told, "Rates are $1.50 per 1000 words edited." This seems a bit low and I checked with other authors and editors I know. They also believe this is not a fair amount to pay an editor.

Does anyone have any experience with Evernight's editing department or pay rates for editors?

brainstorm77

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Wow. Really? Do they say how many stories they usually pick for their anthologies, or does it vary from anthology to anthology? I understand if you can't tell me for whatever reason, I'm just curious.

I can confirm that all the slots have not been filled as of yet.

The number of slots does vary from antho to antho.

OliviaDuBelle

Registered
Reaction score
I have an IR paranormal --under another penname-- (it's fluffy, not gritty) with them, my first e-published work.

I am pleased with their covers and their editing, and my sales have been constant since the book's release in late October. They pay on time and have had no issues with them. I would submit to them again.

AuburnAssassin

Darkly Romantic Curmudgeon
Registered
Reaction score
Website
clairegillian.wordpress.com
I've sold them stories for 2 anthologies, 1 contemporary novella, 1 novelette and 1 short story with absolutely no problems at all thus far. Lightning speed responsiveness.

I have a Naughty Fairy Tale due to release 6/26. I just subbed it around mid-may so extremely fast turn around for that. That line has been doing very well for them, so they go extra fast on them. My head is still spinning. 9 hours between submission and acceptance on this one with word count for the line at 15k to 35k'ish

I just sold a story for their brand new Romance on the Go line for August 2012 release. Works are sold as stand-alones but the word counts are only 8000 to 15k, so short story writers take notice.

Kastil

Writing Whore
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kastil.wordpress.com
I was going for one of these.. then the story went longer. I still subbed it, but for a stand alone. That one's coming out at the end of the month.

I did try and write another story for the anthology but it didn't make the cut. They felt it was rushed.. so I'll expand it and make it a stand alone. Again.

Like AuburnAssassin, I've also got a Romance on the Go coming out in a few days.

I'm still very happy with Evernight. Every cover they've done has wowed me to giddiness. I don't think I've once had an issue with it. Most of the authors I've met along the way are fab people, always willing to lend a hand for guest blogging for new releases.

Silver-Midnight

Registered
Reaction score
rising from the depths of a cup of coffee
I was going for one of these.. then the story went longer. I still subbed it, but for a stand alone. That one's coming out at the end of the month.

I did try and write another story for the anthology but it didn't make the cut. They felt it was rushed.. so I'll expand it and make it a stand alone. Again.

Like AuburnAssassin, I've also got a Romance on the Go coming out in a few days.

I'm still very happy with Evernight. Every cover they've done has wowed me to giddiness. I don't think I've once had an issue with it. Most of the authors I've met along the way are fab people, always willing to lend a hand for guest blogging for new releases.

Congrats! That's great. Wishing you many sales.

Jamiekswriter

USA Today Bestselling Author
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jkschmidt.com
My 10K word story "Otaku" just got accepted for their Romance On The Go line. Fast response. Fast contract and it's scheduled to be released in September :D I'm thrilled!

smlgr8

Eternal Lurker
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats! I have a story in their upcoming MM antho and so far I've liked working with them.