AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Davey Literary & Media (Tricia Davey)

Davey Literary & Media (Tricia Davey)

Hey all,
    This is the first time I have not been able to find info on an agency on AW.

Davey Literary and Media Management

Anyone heard of them? I found the name on QT but noticed that someone commented how no one has heard a response from Tricia Davey since 2009. They have a working website, list books that they have sold ot are coming out. But I couldn't find them on P&E or here....

Anyone know more about them? thanks!

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Adding link: http://www.daveyliteraryandmedia.com/index.htm

PM mentions a sale in June '10, FWIW.
    Last edited by CaoPaux; 01-31-2011 at 12:06 AM. Reason: double link weirdness
    ICAO
    ---------

Censorship always defeats its own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion. -- Henry Steele Commager
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

Yeah, their website looks good. I see it lists sales they have made etc... But, I dont know, the fact that no one is saying anything about them is worrisome.

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
    All queries go to the same email address and I sent one on 9/9. I just addressed it to Ms. Davey, which, in hindsight, could've been interpreted as either agent. I just had a request for a full from them tonight (10/20); came from someone I presume to be an intern.
    Last edited by chicklit; 10-21-2010 at 01:36 AM.

so at least they are responding. Maybe they just respond when they are really into a project. Congrats on your request!!

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
    Thanks very much :-)

I was actually just Googling them myself to get a bit more info. If anyone has any, I'd be keen to hear it. Thanks!

WordWulfsWife

Anything back?

Hi Chicklit:
    Anything back from Tricia Davey yet? My husband just received a request today for a full manuscript and we're excited, but tentative.

practical experience, FTW
    Wondering if anyone has any new info about this agency. They seem absolutely legit, but I can't find too many sales. Thanks.

I got a request for a full from an intern at this agency today. (Sent the query yesterday evening, so fast turnaround.) I was reading on query tracker that it seems they don't respond to queries unless interested. Also, some people were saying they never got a response after the full request - that this agency doesn't even respond to fulls unless interested. Other people did get responses, so who knows. I'll update if/when I hear back.
    Goodreads - Twitter - Website - Facebook

Courting Greta has been released into the wide world!
    I have also entered the world of self-pubbing with a short story, Christmas in the Californios, 1833.

Quote Originally Posted by JoNightshade View Post
    I got a request for a full from an intern at this agency today. (Sent the query yesterday evening, so fast turnaround.) I was reading on query tracker that it seems they don't respond to queries unless interested. Also, some people were saying they never got a response after the full request - that this agency doesn't even respond to fulls unless interested. Other people did get responses, so who knows. I'll update if/when I hear back.
    Congrats JoNightshade on the request! Let us know what happens. I still havent queried them yet, not sure why not.

So, it's confirmed. This agency does NOT respond to fulls. They requested a full from me a while ago. I have now sent two follow up emails. The first I sent directly to the email address that the request came from. The second email I sent to the email I had queried at. There was no response to either email.

Very unprofessional conduct, in my opinion. Full manuscripts require some kind of response, even if it's just a form.
    Goodreads - Twitter - Website - Facebook

Courting Greta has been released into the wide world!
    I have also entered the world of self-pubbing with a short story, Christmas in the Californios, 1833.

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    ICAO
    ---------

Censorship always defeats its own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion. -- Henry Steele Commager
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017: