AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: AAPC Publishing / Autism Asperger Publishing Co.

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

AAPC Publishing / Autism Asperger Publishing Co.

I'm wondering if anyone knows anything about a company called Autism Asperger Publishing Company based in the US?

Their website bookstore seems to sell books about autism spectrum disorders published by other publishers (some very good ones there), but they also say they publish their own books. They have authors' guidelines which say they pay royalties. Do they carry the cost of producing their own titles? Anyone know anything about them?
    Thanks!

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Adding link: http://www.asperger.net/

I'm not getting any subsidy vibe from them, FWIW, although I expect they don't pay advances.
    ICAO
    ---------

Censorship always defeats its own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion. -- Henry Steele Commager
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

Outside the box, with the bunnehz KimJo's Avatar
    I don't have any personal experience with them, but they are listed as a recognized small press with the Society of Children's Books Writers and Illustrators. SCBWI vets publishers pretty stringently, as far as I know.

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Name change to AAPC Publishing. Updating link: http://www.aapcpublishing.net/
    ICAO
    ---------

Censorship always defeats its own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion. -- Henry Steele Commager
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017: