League of Legends

Status
Not open for further replies.

samsevern

Chasm Dweller
Registered
Reaction score
Got a nice ranked team set up and we're all in good shape skill-wise. Though I must say there are a lot of trolls and ragers out there, which can really ruin the mood.

tarcanus

Lord of the Tarcans
Registered
Reaction score
My roommate just got me into this. It's good fun, but very complicated for a newb. I haven't run into these rampant trolls yet, but I also haven't actually played a true PvP game yet, either - all Bot matches.

The biggest thing that sticks out to me from browsing the LoL forums and subreddit is that the community is constantly engaged in bitchfits about various champs being OP or weak, etc., etc.

What I've found is that there is always a counter to another champ if you build the right build or play to counter that champ. The efficacy of most champs is entirely subjective based on the people playing - their skill, map awareness, knowledge of items and champs, ability to pull off more complex zoning/jungling/ganking. For every group bitching about Trondomore!!1+shift, there is another group listing counters to him and ways to outplay him. As far as I can see, this is the same for every champion. IMO, entirely subjective.

ETA: I'm Tarcanai in-game, btw

Last edited:

LOG

Lagrangian
Registered
Reaction score
You're mostly right.
There are characters that truly excel and some things are unbalanced, but for the most part your skill will trump a champion's design.
Melee is fairly boned against ranged though, especially against ranged hyper-carries like Vayne and Graves. The only thing that can take them is the anti-carries late-game but there aren't many of them and they're easily countered early-game by the carries themselves, which cripples them late-game.

SPMiller

Prodigiously Hanged
Registered
Reaction score
Website
seanpatrickmiller.com
I'd argue that champion balance actually matters more than most people think it does. There were some well-deserved nerfs in the most recent patch, but the team didn't go far enough. To combat the power creep LoL has been suffering, they need to dump nerfs on most of the champions in the game.

LOG

Lagrangian
Registered
Reaction score
The solution is simple, take the most popular characters and nerf them. The most popular are the ones who are thought to be OP. :p

Thedrellum

Grr. Argh.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.patreon.com
Resurrecting this zombie thread because I'm guessing that there's one thread for each game in here.

Anyway, I've been playing the game for a while but the group that I play with disbanded to other games (for the most part). I was wondering if there was anyone on here who felt like grouping up for some games.

bmr1591

Registered
Reaction score
I play fairly often. Funny reading the early posts in this thread. To think of how far it's come since then.

Status
Not open for further replies.