• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Dreams of Decadence Magazine

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
This appears to be a relaunch of an old publication, I think. Has anyone had any experience with them? The one thing I'm struggling with is that I can't find any info on response time. Since they don't take sim subs, it would be helpful to know that. The website is basically just instructions on submitting.

I have something I think would be a good fit there, but I hate sending things out into a black hole. It would be nice to have at least a little more info, if anyone has anything they can add.

http://www.dreamsofdecadencemag.com/

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
I sent to them recently. The response time was around 3 weeks

Adobedragon

Registered
Reaction score
I submitted to them and got a form rejection sometime in March or April. I believe the response time was about 3-4 weeks. I'm at work and I don't have access to my submission spreadsheet. But I recall them being fairly prompt.

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Bummer that it was a rejection. :( But good to know that at least they follow through with those. Then you know you can sub it somewhere else.

I'd rather get a rejection than nothing at all. And they do seem to be timely about it.

Thanks!

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Anyone spoken with them recently? P&E says they appear inactive.

I still have not heard anything on a sub I sent Sept. 2010.

I queried, because they said no sim subs and I wanted to know if they'd received it and were still considering it. But they never responded to my email query either (sent in Dec.)

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, but they were open to subs again even after that. If I remember correctly. That's why I subbed to them in the first place. I just figured that they were bad at social networking :tongue

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
DoD closed in October: http://www.rofmag.com/2010/10/18/a-note-from-the-publisher/ Remaining subscriptions were rolled into RoF (which has been bought by Damnation Books).

Also, http://www.facebook.com/DreamsOfDecadence
Ah, that all makes sense now. Thank you CaoPaux. It's too bad they didn't make it. :(

Well, for anyone else who may be wondering the status of the pub (because the DOD website isn't clear about it) they can find out here at least, in this thread.

Thanks again!