The AW Amazon Store
Buy books by AWers

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Chris Fortunato Literary Agency

New kid, be gentle!

Chris Fortunato Literary Agency

Anyone have any info or experience regarding Chris Fortunato?

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

new author

Cool any updats on chris fortunato agency?

Quote Originally Posted by CaoPaux View Post
    Cao,
    I have searched everywhere I can think of for feedback on this agency and found nothing. Has ANYONE worked with this agency or know more about him? His info is very limited, no list of sales, or anything else. I can't query someone I don't have serious data on. Anyone?

USA Today Bestselling Author Jamiekswriter's Avatar
    If you go to books.google.com and put in his name, it will show you all the books that mention him. For example when an author is thanking him as an agent.

Try this link:
    http://www.google.com/search?q=chris...&tbm=bks&tbo=1

He repped E. Lynn Harris for fiction in 2001 and 2007 (Doubleday and Anchor) and a bunch of non-fiction in 2005 and 2009.

Maybe you could contact some of the authors and see if they can give you some feedback.

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin JohannaC's Avatar

any more news on Chris Fortunato?

His website indicates the query should include the complete manuscript, but that he replies in 3 weeks. Seems odd?

In May '15, will launch Wayland Square Editions, "which will focus exclusively on writers who have had a series discontinued by one of the large publishers."
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

practical experience, FTW josephperin's Avatar

Chris Fortunato

I was looking through Thrillerfest's list of agents and editors and his name popped up.

The link is taking me to a hosting service.

I sent a message to the email on Publishers' Weekly page and the person responding confirmed it was correct.

But the lack of a website is making my spider sense tingle.

Anyone here who has experience dealing with the gentleman?

Never Surrender AW Moderator Maryn's Avatar
    We have a thread on Chris Fortunato here. If you ask the board's moderator, she can move your post there rather than have two threads on the same person.
    Get to work. Success isn't built on the power of your dreams.

Brick by Brick, a ménage à trois novel
    Taming the Wilde, FemDom spotted--and striped--in the wild
    Men in Love, anthology about--hey, you're already there, aren't you?
    Maryn Says, an irregular blog almost never about writing
    The Occasional Tweet

Does indeed look like he's dropped his website. Updated link to PM page: https://www.publishersmarketplace.com/members/cefort20/
    ICAO
    ---------

figuring it all out
    Oh my gosh, this is awesome! I'm just discovering this post now and I wish I'd had it years ago! I had no idea there even was a books.google.com. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiekswriter View Post
    If you go to books.google.com and put in his name, it will show you all the books that mention him. For example when an author is thanking him as an agent.

Try this link:
    http://www.google.com/search?q=chris...&tbm=bks&tbo=1

He repped E. Lynn Harris for fiction in 2001 and 2007 (Doubleday and Anchor) and a bunch of non-fiction in 2005 and 2009.

Maybe you could contact some of the authors and see if they can give you some feedback.

PM page is gone, and according to his LinkedIn profile, he's "not doing much [agenting] anymore".
    ICAO
    ---------