Happy Thanksgiving

AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: [Publisher] Bandersnatch Books

[Publisher] Bandersnatch Books

Looks like they're in the middle of a redesign (from what they say on the main site) and possibly a rebooting of a former business. They're closed to submissions and have three books forthcoming. I see typos (including 'it's' for 'its', which drives me crazy) on the site and the staff have precious little publishing experience. I see nothing on the site about distribution.
    Visit my website!

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    I'm now getting "expired website" at the link above. Here's their blog and Facebook.
    ICAO
    ---------

Censorship always defeats its own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion. -- Henry Steele Commager
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

Aaand, it's back! Hopefully, things will stabilize soon, because now's the time for pre-release marketing.
    ICAO
    ---------

Censorship always defeats its own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion. -- Henry Steele Commager
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

Tired and Disillusioned Momento Mori's Avatar
    Bandersnatch Website:
    Bandersnatch Books is a cooperative of writers, artists, editors and designers who are joined together to bring the best fiction to the reader that’s possible.
    No one has any previous publishing experience and where biographies are given for the founders, it does not appear that those citing editorial experience have worked for a commercial publisher.

It seems from their blog that the first release will be The Dreadful Doctor Faust by Karen Koehler, but I'm not clear when that is supposed to happen and there's a disturbing lack of information on the site as to where it can be purchased from - certainly there isn't any obvious way to buy it from the site direct.

It appears also the The Dreadful Doctor Faust was not intended to be the first release - that was meant to be The People On The Island by T m Wright but apparently they had cover issues, which does not reinforce confidence.

All in all, while I think they're a well-intentioned group of people, I'd want to see what happens to the books that they manage to actually get out first.

MM

Wright's book was in fact released a couple months before Kohler's (which is now marked "no longer available"). Third and latest release is an anthology.
    ICAO
    ---------

Site and blog are gone, FB last updated 7/12.
    ICAO
    ---------