Oral.

KathleenD

New kid, but no need to be gentle.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kathleendienne.com
I'm a bit stuck at the moment - realized there was this group of people who wrote the same sort of things I write that I could ask for help :)

Erotic romance. The story kicked off with an encounter between strangers looking for a one night stand. They found one. They used a condom, however, and will continue using them until much later in the story. It was good enough that they planned to get together again.

This scene is set the next day. They've accidentally run into each other. He is clearly fascinated by her, but she wants to keep their relationship strictly sexual, so she keeps nudging the conversation back to steamy as opposed to personal.

That's the emotional underpinning to the scene.

They are now in a semi-private outdoor space. She has enjoyed an orgasm and wants to return the favor. She goes down on him.

I am now at the... er... end of the scene. My instinct, character-wise, is that she wants to swallow. However, I got my sex ed classes when AIDS was raging, and that is Just Not Safe. Technically, neither is oral, but who wants to live in a world without oral?

So I'm trying to decide - go with my original plan, or have him hand her a handkerchief?

What say you, experts?

Reaction score
This is just my personal opinion, but I don't see the point of sucking a guy off unless you swallow.

Line forms to the left, guys.

PS: How about a hand job?

PPS: That was to KathleenD.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I should probably stay out of this . . . but she could finish using her hand if this happens to be a concern of hers--for most people, it probably wouldn't be.

thothguard51

A Gentleman of a refined age...
Registered
Reaction score
I am now at the... er... end of the scene. My instinct, character-wise, is that she wants to swallow. However, I got my sex ed classes when AIDS was raging, and that is Just Not Safe. Technically, neither is oral, but who wants to live in a world without oral?

So I'm trying to decide - go with my original plan, or have him hand her a handkerchief?

What say you, experts?

1...Do guys still carry around handkerchiefs? If so, I hope its silk like...

2...She wants to keep it sexual but to me, Oral is a lot more personal than just straight sex. So, would she go this route?

3...She just achieved her orgasism, how? Was it intercourse, or did he use his fingers, or perform oral on her? The reason I ask, is once again, you can get infected from open cuts on your fingers or cavaties in your mouth. So worrying about it after the fact is, well, worrying it after the fact. Be consistent in what you show if you are going to worry about the after affects.

Just some things to think about...

Reaction score
Right, there's nothing else for it. A cheese-and-onion-flavour condom. Everyone likes cheese and onion!

Satori1977

Listening to the Voices In My Head
Registered
Reaction score
I grew up in an age of STD's and AIDS and never gave it much thought while giving head. During intercourse, yes, a condom was necessary. But never during a BJ. None of the girls I knew gave it another thought either. If they liked swallowing, they did. If they didn't enjoy it, then they simply didn't do it.

Most men don't think about it either, when they give oral to a woman. I don't think many people are as concerned as maybe they should be. So it would be believable if she wanted to swallow and did.

Reaction score
I've never used a flavoured condom. I once slept with a guy who wore a coloured condom, though. Bright blue. It was like fucking Papa Smurf.

Satori1977

Listening to the Voices In My Head
Registered
Reaction score
I've never used a flavoured condom. I once slept with a guy who wore a coloured condom, though. Bright blue. It was like fucking Papa Smurf.

I got them on a whim with a boyfriend, and tried two different "flavors". But tasted nasty and I couldn't finish. Never tried the colors.

And what do you think a handkerchef would taste like...

Why would I be tasting a handkerchief?

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
My instinct, character-wise, is that she wants to swallow.
Go with your instinct.
You know your characters and their motivations better than anyone.

KathleenD

New kid, but no need to be gentle.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kathleendienne.com
Sure, I'll take a hand job.

Oh, rats, it wasn't an offer.

Good stuff, y'all. It is helping. I've been overthinking the scene instead of just writing it.

He used his hand on her. She's one of those people that really enjoys giving head right after she's gotten off. But she also wants to get him off in the best possible way - I'm trying to show that she's the sort who plays fair, orgasm for orgasm, even when it's just a casual encounter. It's her approach to people more than just a sex act.

Also, she knows from experience that if someone should come along, it's easier to disengage from oral (move back a few inches, zip him up, done) than to have to stand up and pull her pants back up. If I didn't need her to wear pants in this scene, I'd put a dress and no panties on her.

I was seriously just... sticking, sorry... on the finishing with the hand or swallowing point - afraid a publisher would want me to be more consistent with the safe sex. I'm hoping readers all feel like you, Satori ;)

Looking forward to other takes, and thank you all so far.

Reaction score
I've never come across (snerk) a publisher who wanted me to bag it for oral.

(Did you see me being all classy thur)?

DiloKeith

Doesn't scare easily
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
dilokeith.wordpress.com
My impression from gay forums and gay erotica is that unprotected oral is typical these days. I would think it applies to heterosexuals.

BudBoxer

All Write By Me
Registered
Reaction score
Website
philcomer.blogspot.com
Kathleen, you say she’s trying to keep it sexual. He’s leaning personal. They’re outdoors, right? Seems to me she blows him, he climaxes in her mouth, she looks into his eyes then spits on the ground. Swallowing is personal. She’s sending a message.

I think unprotected oral is the norm. Geeze. Where’s the cold shower in this Forum?

CheyElizabeth

My horn can pierce the sky!
Registered
Reaction score
Swallow, fa sho.

I second the best thread ever..

Synonym

Registered
Reaction score
If you want to make it a little more detached and not quite so intimate, I'd go for finishing with her hand. But that would be more for making the relationship seem casual to the reader. Guys probably don't care a whole lot, but women tend to see swallowing as something you do for someone special.

thothguard51

A Gentleman of a refined age...
Registered
Reaction score
If you want to make it a little more detached and not quite so intimate, I'd go for finishing with her hand. But that would be more for making the relationship seem casual to the reader. Guys probably don't care a whole lot, but women tend to see swallowing as something you do for someone special.

I totally agree and then she would not have to kneel down in public. The only problem I see is when he squirts, making sure she does not get any on her blue dress...ahhh jeans.

Raindrop

Registered
Reaction score
I totally agree and then she would not have to kneel down in public. The only problem I see is when he squirts, making sure she does not get any on her blue dress...ahhh jeans.
She doesn't have to be in front of him to jerk him off. If she's standing on his side or even behind him, she doesn't have to, uh, duck the squirt. And bonus! No eye contact that way.