Hello From The UK

caspermac

Registered
Reaction score
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWords
Scotland is in the middle of a heatwave at the moment. I have sunburn to prove this...

Yes, thank you. Just rub it in! :D

Well if it makes you feel better it's not stopped raining all day, we've probably had about 2" of rain today and right now it feels like december.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
I'm a Californian who stupidly fled the sunshine and moved to Aberdeen, Scotland. My husband's Aberdonian. I'm feeling particularly homesick this 'summer'.

What kinds of temperatures are you getting up there?

Well if it makes you feel better it's not stopped raining all day, we've probably had about 2" of rain today and right now it feels like december.

Heh. It's raining here, but it's still warm enough to leave the heating off...

caspermac

Registered
Reaction score
Heh. It's raining here, but it's still warm enough to leave the heating off...

I'm tempted to break out the thermals and if i had a coal fire it would be on. What part of the country are you from?

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
Currently I'm stuck in Fife. There is more black clouds rolling in, but at the moment the temperature is relatively stable.

I would be tempted to say i want to go back to London, but... Yeah.

*glares at television news*

caspermac

Registered
Reaction score
I would be tempted to say i want to go back to London, but... Yeah.

Aye, give me dour weather over that any day. Co-op at lunch time's the closest I get to a riot.

sally_laramie

On the road to creativity
Registered
Reaction score
Hello fellower UKers. I'm from North Wales originally, Wrexham to be exact but am currently living in London Colney, Hertfordshire with my fiance as there's no work in North Wales and he's from down here. x

lauralam

Moonshade
Registered
Reaction score
It's been 10-13C recently. I wore my winter coat today. Managed to leave the heating off, but that's only because we're in the top floor flat and those below us turned their heating on...;) I'm in grey Aberdeen.

spacejock2

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.spacejock.com.au
I've lived in Australia since 1983, but I was born in Croydon and grew up in West Wickham with my parents & younger brother - at least until we emigrated to Spain in the 70's.

All my memories of the UK are stuck in a timewarp. When I watch shows like Minder, the Sweeney and Life on Mars, that's pretty much how I remember things.

Long live 2p Beanos and Mars Bars for 10p ...

Macca

Registered
Reaction score
Hello, I'm in Liverpool (northern England) and as we hurtle towards mid-October, we've still to put the heating on, or indeed put on a fire this year. Very mild but raining a great deal.

Jupiter

Registered
Reaction score
Hi

Hi everyone,

I live in Norfolk UK :D.

For the benefit of international visitors, British Summer 2012 is scheduled for the 2nd Tuesday in June.;)

If wet, Wednesday.

jaeladarling

I like less than half of you.
Registered
Reaction score
I'm a Scotland wannabe. :D Currently stuck in the USA. My mom's side of the family hails from all over the UK, with my great-grandfather being the most recent immigrant (he moved to Canada from Bath, England, then came to the US).

Just popping in to say HI to everyone across the pond!

LawlessLara

South the river this time of night!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.logophile.blogfiction.net
Hi all

I am not even sure this is the right thread but here goes anyhoo. Any NaNo-ers who fancy a write and a drink and based in south Lonfon. I (and some others) am planning a pub write in the Blithe Spirit round 2pm, this Sunday. Its really near the Balham tube station and 249, 155 (and some others I cant remember) bus stops. If any one fancies coming down it would be great to meet some more people.

Lara

MissTannen

Registered
Reaction score
Heya! I was born in Reading, lived there, London and in Germany and now I am happily settled (for now) in Wiltshire! Near the Somerset border, though. Love it!

EMaree

a demon for tea
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.emmamaree.com
Hello again all you lovely Brits! I'm from the Scottish Highlands, we've currently got gale force winds and there was snow for a few hours on Friday. :)

totopink

Registered
Reaction score
OP I'm from the South West as well. Not quite in the county of somerset but in the next county along.

Snitchcat

Dragon-kitty.
Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I live in Norfolk UK :D.

For the benefit of international visitors, British Summer 2012 is scheduled for the 2nd Tuesday in June.;)

If wet, Wednesday.

What happens if it rains all week? :tongue

Btw, summer never seems to fully reach London, or at least, it never truly did while I was there (for several years). Heh.

Andelana

Secret Stick-Figure Superhero
Registered
Reaction score
Hello, all! I'm living near Cambridge. Nice to meet you! :)

llamafarmer

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not completely British (loooooooong story) but somehow I ended up living here. Would love to get to know any other British-based writers, so don't hesitate to PM me and feed my flagging ego lol. And yes, I did write this at nearly 5am UK time. I'll be going to work on 2 hours sleep, yay!

Mumut

Well begun is half done...
Registered
Reaction score
All this talk of the weather is making me homesick. I'm from South Cheshire, but live in the US. Just survived another summer of endless hot, humid weather. Every day the same--boring! I know many Brits move to get away from the weather. It's the one thing I really miss!:)

When I first came to Australia I worked on Lake Nash Station, a cattle property half the size of Wales situated just north of the Simpson Desert. It rained twice the year I was there. I think that was the only time I missed English weather to some extent. Later I worked 13 years in Papua New Guinea, a few degrees from the equator. Now I consider 20 degrees celsius to be the lowest temperature suitable for human survival and anything below that is definitely pullover weather. But this time last year and again in the last few days I've been cut off by flood waters and I'm tending away from UK weather again.

miss sooky

Registered
Reaction score
Hello, I am all shiny and new. I live in London and am looking forward to 'meeting' and talking to members from near and far.

j. Adams

Athletic Wizard
Registered
Reaction score
Well, I'm in Canterbury right now (For the next 2 years) were I'm completing my studies.

It actually snowed here yesterday. (Pretty freaky weather for South-East England)