Hello From The UK

Sam K.

Registered
Reaction score
I'm a Londoner, ashamedly! As much as I've tried to get away from this city, I keep falling back in love with it. Once a Londoner, always one, I think. At least, that's been my experience over the last few years. Even when I could've gone away from university...

This city is a cruel mistress.

Nice to meet some fellow Britons, particularly those who write!

BBB

"It's called a lance!"
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.felicitybrady.co.uk
I thought this thread might be a perfect place to publicise The Wishing Shelf Independent Book Awards (www.thewsa.co.uk), the first independent book award based in the UK and run by an author.

If you get a chance, check it out.

Cheers!

Her Dark Star

Registered
Reaction score
Yay for the uk. Used to live in London but did manage to break it's deathly grip. Do miss it though.... it's so great for inspiring writing!

Carmy

Banned
Reaction score
Hello to everyone on this thread. There's nothing to compare with a 'good old British ragging'. Happy writing and publishing.

I'm originally from Wales. I've lived in various places in England, like Bristol, London and Liverpool. Maybe I should start a "Welsh Language" thread because I can still speak it after many years in Canada.

D.M.White

Registered
Reaction score
Hello! :hi: Another UKer here.

I live in Birmingham but hoping to move to Leeds soon.

Nice to 'meet' some UK authors :)

Lapinou

Registered
Reaction score
Hi

I'm from Gloucestershire. I found a local writers' group but have been put off by the fact the title says 'Writer's Group' - I'm way too pedantic for them I think! :-D

Steve Collins

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everybody, former Scotland Yard Londoner here, although I've lived in Florida for the past 11 years I still consider myself a Brit.

Last edited:

skylark

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I'm currently living near Oxford, but I grew up in a sleepy little town about an hour from Hereford :)

louloubelle

Registered
Reaction score
Hi! Am also a newbie from Glasgow/the highlands/englandshire (long story, I blame the parents) and im glad I found the other Brits!! And i love the fact that the weather is the first thing you read about... I had this exact conversation with an american priest i met on a train recently!! Maybe one of my stories should start there...

Stu1883

Registered
Reaction score
Hello all - fellow Brit here, from God's Own City of Bristol. These boards are very wide ranging aren't they? Hope to see you around

Stu1883

Registered
Reaction score
I’m from Airdrie, Scotland a town that is almost as nice as Bagdād but with a higher crime rate. It’s just outside Glasgow and along with it’s neighbouring town Coatbridge they are collectively known as the Monklands.

Had a stay up in Coatbridge a few years ago. Without being rude, it is not the nicest place I have ever stayed.

Jonathan Dalar

Science fiction, horror and fantasy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jonathandalar.blogspot.com
Welcome, Brits! I do say I've had some wonderful times partying with some of your countrymen in my travels over the years.

I have a lot of favorite... uh, favourite British authors. Hopefully we'll see a few more come out of our ranks here.

Oh, and London totally rocks!

Snitchcat

Dragon-kitty.
Registered
Reaction score
Hey everyone. Formerly in the UK. I live elsewhere now, obviously but may be making my way there again soon.

mistri

Sneezy Member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.livejournal.com
Hi,

I'm from the UK too and have been here a while but have only just started posting again after a bit of a break. Live in Hertfordshire right now, but from Merseyside, went to uni in London, lived in Bath for a bit, then went to Herts. Phew!

Tanydwr

Registered
Reaction score
Hi

I'm from Gloucestershire. I found a local writers' group but have been put off by the fact the title says 'Writer's Group' - I'm way too pedantic for them I think! :-D

Lapinou - I would have had exactly the same reaction!

I've been at AW for ages, but never visited this forum until today. Born in Wales, moved to Yorkshire aged 7, to Cheshire (countryside, edge of the Peak District, not far from Manchester) aged 11, went to Cardiff University, then headed back to Cheshire. And don't get me started on my wonderful collection of Celtic ancestors - I think I'm only missing some Gaulish ones!

kjarva

figuring it all out
Registered
Reaction score
Hello from me as well! I'm in the UK in High Wycombe, about 30 miles outside of London. Would love to know of any writing groups in or near my area if anyone knows of any! :)

natea

Registered
Reaction score
Hi there everyone. I've been a lurker on the boards for a while but just getting up the nerve to post now. I hail from Liverpool although I did live in Wales for three years a while ago (and would go back in a heartbeat if I had the opportunity). Nowhere else in the world can you ride a train through a tunnel cut into a mountain, with cliffs on one side of you and a raging sea on the other. Good times!

C.J.Lindsay

figuring it all out
Registered
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm in Dunfermline, Scotland, though have lived in Perth, Edinburgh, Taiwan and Aberdeenshire, working back the way.

Kennetht04

Registered
Reaction score
Hi There

Had a look through couldn't see that there was a UK thread (Mods - if there is please delete/merge this thread).

I'm based in Somerset in Southern England (the bit down a bit from Bristol, to the right of Devon and far left from London).

Hello from the UK also :)

I live in the sunny (I say sunny -.-) borough of Salford, Manchester .