Hello From The UK

Pirate Milk

I Grok
Registered
Reaction score
Good day to you London89, hope you're well.

Bournemouth here...resting place of the great Mary Shelley (and the remains of her husbands heart!)

Any AWers from my neck of the woods? Born in Worcester and headed for the sea. It's beautiful in the right spots round here; steeped in history and weirdness to boot.

BookerBrin

Registered
Reaction score
Hello. I just noticed this thread as I was having a look around. I'm also in the UK. Glasgow.

Fran

Slate grey mole person
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, BookerBrin. I'm in Paisley, which is obviously much better than Glasgow. :tongue

Welcome to AW. I hope you enjoy it here. :hi:

BookerBrin

Registered
Reaction score
Heh. I'm sure it is. ;)

I went to Paisley uni for a while (long time ago!)

I'm not originally from Glasgow though, lived in Ayrshire for a long time.

Fran

Slate grey mole person
Registered
Reaction score
It's now called the University of the West of Scotland. Which is kinda presumptuous, I think. ;)

MSR

Registered
Reaction score
Greetings fellow natives. I currently reside in Cheshire, a little closer to Manchester than Liverpool, and just far enough from the Mersey not to get flooded out every year.

Nothing very much in the way of literary meet-ups seems to happen around here, or maybe I'm not looking hard enough. Get the occasional book signing at the local Waterstones('), which can be interesting. I go and lurk nearby and watch out of the corner of my eye. I'm the creepy guy in the corner pretending not to read Cheryl Cole's autobiography ;)

P.S. anyone notice that Waterstones(') has officially dropped the apostrophe from its brand? (Hence my brackets.) Blasphemy!

onesecondglance

pretending to be awake
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
Hey MSR,

I'm from Congleton originally; welcome to a fellow Cheshirean! (Cheshirite?)

Yeah, I noticed the Waterstones' thing too. I get it from a marketing perspective, because until they dropped it I'm not sure I actually noticed it was there, but it does grate on some deep grammar pedant level within me :D

MSR

Registered
Reaction score
Congleton? You posh tart. Mind you, I'm half from Sale and half from Aigburth Vale, so who am I to talk?

I'd go with Cheshirite. Makes us sound like some kind of Star Trek alien-of-the-week.

'Captain, the Cheshirites have locked on to us!'
'Raise shields, Mr Shlock.'
'It's too late, Captain! They've beamed a commando unit of WAGs on board! We'll all be wearing designer sunglasses, carrying massive handbags and getting a vajazzle!'
'A vajazzle? Computer, arm the self-destruct!'

CeDany

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Up here on the West Coast

Hello fellow Scots and Brits, maybe best to say hello as well to the Welsh and N. Irish to be safe LOL!

I'm away from all the hub-bub in Inverclyde. Daughter attended UWS and graduated with BSc in 3D Computer Animation and makes loads of illustrations for my book.

She's also working on a Book Video to upload to my website. The latter I've designed myself since I've been on the internet since 94 - so old hand me LOL!

Son still in College at JW, doing anything everything in the Hospitality field but hoping to go into hard landscaping and construction.

Me, trying to find work from home - had an offer on my page - no takers so after two months I removed that - just the plain contracts now, still a good deal. Lack of promotion on my part and sites (not here elsewhere!) considering this blabbing as spamming.

Many of my fictitious locations (for my novels) are in Europe and it begins in Carrbridge which is below Inverness - I needed somewhere, with a large green area aka a forest, to build MerryWynde Manor of course - the area is beautiful and remote enough for Inter-Dimensional Vampire Beings to live quietly without intrusion from stray Humans during the Full-Moon Frenzy LOL! That would not be good.

But hey, you'll have to visit my page and request a Chapter Sample in order to find all about it.

So, hope to hear from others here in the UK Thread!

CeDany
BB

CeDany

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Hey OnSecondGlance!

I believed that all, who came from Cheshire county, loved the one in Alice in Wonderland.

Someone told me about this way back in 72 - a teacher from Manchester - so I was just assuming why I do not see this popular cat icon on your pages.

Just wondering since The Cheshire Cat was a favourite character in said story.

CeDany
BB

CeDany

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Oh I'm so glad you've answered it correctly on the word go.

Congrats! Same thing my Father used to say, can't see it, can't pet it, so why want a pet like that LOL!

Thank you!
CeDany
BB

CeDany

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Helo a Chroeso Writer Rhwystredig - gobeithio gweld chi o gwmpas y byrddau

I hope that's okay... meant to say:

Hello Frustrated Writer and Welcome - hope to see you around the boards

CeDany
BB
p.s. used translator too many years passed since learned LOL!

regodibay

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, is there anyone here from East Anglia? Looks like we are moving back to the UK. Not keen to give up my amazing writers group, but was wondering if there was anything similar across the pond.

Fran

Slate grey mole person
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, regodibay. I'm not from East Anglia, although my mum is originally, but I found this link for you. Of course I can't say whether any of the groups are good or not, but you might be able to get some information. :)

http://www.eastanglianwriters.org.uk/

Frustrated writer

looking for inspiration
Registered
Reaction score
Diolch, it means thank you, for the effort you put into the welcome,
Helo a Chroeso Writer Rhwystredig - gobeithio gweld chi o gwmpas y byrddau

I hope that's okay... meant to say:

Hello Frustrated Writer and Welcome - hope to see you around the boards

CeDany
BB
p.s. used translator too many years passed since learned LOL!

Frustrated writer

looking for inspiration
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, is there anyone here from East Anglia? Looks like we are moving back to the UK. Not keen to give up my amazing writers group, but was wondering if there was anything similar across the pond.
The UK is so small these days you shouldn't worry where you're based, you're only a small handful of hours from anywhere...