Hello From The UK

Ruuzart

Registered
Reaction score
Hello all,
Didn't realise there was a UK thread.
I am from Essex, but work in London.
So nice to see so many people from the UK posting here.

EMaree

a demon for tea
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.emmamaree.com
I'm in Brum, what's EasterCon?

Eastercon is a yearly convention that roams around the UK, usually in England. This year it was 14 to 17 April 2017, at the Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel. Next year it's under the nickname "Follycon" and it's at The Majestic Hotel in Harrogate, from 30 March – 2 April 2018.

When money is extremely tight barconning can be an option -- you just go to the bar to meet attending writers, and don't go to the event itself. The convention hotel bar is usually open to the public. It's not a route people rush to recommend because it doesn't support the event, but in times of financial hardship it's totally valid.

HaHs

Registered
Reaction score
Hello fellow Brits!!! Lovely to know there are so many of us with dreams like these.

janetmaile

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.janetmaile.com
I used to live in Somerset, in the village of Martock, but I'm back in London now, enjoying all the things a big city has to offer - art exhibitions, theatre, opera, concerts, workshops etc.

Stephen Palmer

Registered
Reaction score
Ah, I've driven on the A303 past Martock many times...

I'm currently living in North Shropshire, a place so stuffed with Tory farmers it's been a safe seat for them since 1835.

Grrrrrrrr... :(

Stephen Palmer

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, UK people, American popping in from the Fantasy forum looking for someone who has familiarity with Welsh.

Specifically, I want to know if any of them are able to see past my obfuscation of some Welsh words for the place name "Dimwen March". (I didn't exactly try hard.)

(Edit to note: Guess this thread doesn't move fast so if you have a response, rep/pm me)

Does it mean 'No Horses' ?

Ruuzart

Registered
Reaction score
Yup same here, I just saw the name pop up in Last Post section of the main page.

yumpty-tum

Registered
Reaction score
I'm properly new here (2nd ever post...) and stumbled across this thread whilst looking for every conceivable thing of interest to me... Haven't read all 20-odd pages but it seems to be quite South-heavy - any other Northerners? Specifically, any other Mancs? More specifically, any other Salfordians? Don't worry, I won't get more specific than that...

PhoenixGrey

Registered
Reaction score
Hello from Lincolnshire! :)

Didn't realise this forum section was here, let alone this thread. :D

Flanderso

Registered
Reaction score
I'm from Reading (that's a tough word to search for on this site).

Bacchus

Registered
Reaction score
I'm from Reading (that's a tough word to search for on this site).

I had a girlfriend once who inadvertently listed Reading as a hobby on her CV...

My last house was in Reading, down by the canal in Elgar Road. I have very mixed feelings about the place, real love/hate. I moved downstream - closer to London but a longer train journey :Shrug:

- - - Updated - - -

Hey,

I'm in London and Durham.

that's one large apartment...

Last edited: