AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Diversion Press

Is swimming with creativity frogs AlishaS's Avatar

Diversion Press

Looked through the index and couldn't find anything on this one. It's fairly new with only 6 books listed.

http://diversionpress.com/home
    This is my signature

aka Sadistic Mistress Mi-chan M.R.J. Le Blanc's Avatar
    The only qualm I have (and it's a small one) is their confusion of 'marketing' and 'promotion'. As the publisher, they should shoulder the marketing aspect and from the sound of their Tips page, they seem to try to do just that. I would change the term Cooperative Publishing because when I read that my immediate thought was they were going to ask for money. They don't, but it's an icky phrase. Saying something more along the lines of 'we expect the author to promote the title' would be better.

I don't see any warning signs. Best thing you could do is check the books on Amazon to see how their sales rank, and/or email them or their authors to ask about sales, etc.
    Follow me on my Blog
    I'm also on Facebook
    I have a Dragon Cave

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Humor/satire imprint, Yellow Snow Books.

Refreshingly literate website (as one might hope, given it's run by college professors), and they're up front with what they can and cannot offer authors. Could be a step above the usual hobby/amateur mircopress, but I'd like to be able to read excerpts to better judge their design and editing.
    ICAO
    ---------

Censorship always defeats its own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion. -- Henry Steele Commager
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017: