Winter outside a house with children in a horse-drawn sleigh

AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Story A Week weekly prompts only

Learning to read more, post less catian's Avatar
    Just wondering is this not running anymore?
    ''as I gaze onto the stars, a light blushes pass through the skies, and comes to rest somewhere up far''----katian
    'read the writer, hear them sing!'
    'rien de perdu none de retrouve ainsi is la vie'
    'an adjective can sustain an enormous deal over a word, call in the neutral for a dash of normal'

'the world must upgrade in mentality'

Quote Originally Posted by catian View Post
    Just wondering is this not running anymore?
    It was running strong in 2005, and some in 2006. A few people tried to bring it back in 2008, and one person tried to in 2010. But I guess you found out because I'm the first person to respond and you posted 10 months ago.
    Writing is a fun hobby, I am not trying to sell my work. I like writing Fiction and non-Fiction that is less than 5k words (most are less than 1k words).

Ooo! Shiny new cover! Absolute Sage Cathy C's Avatar
    Porting a scenario over from another thread for everyone to play with:

Create three different short stories of under 1,000 words using the same people, under the following scenario: You're a teenage girl in high school and went to a party last night. Your mother is asking you about what happened the next morning. You also need permission, in the same conversation, to go out with the same group of friends the following weekend.

In the first conversation, you're excited to tell her about the party because the guy you've been gushing about for the past week actually talked to you!

In the second conversation, the guy you've been gushing about ...but only to your closest friends, is a college guy your parents would freak out about if they knew about, because he's a senior, and he offered you a hit off a joint.

In the third conversation, you're the mother, and your daughter has been secretive lately (because of her crushing on the college guy, but you don't know that.) You want to find out if there were drugs or alcohol at the party, but have no clue about the college boy until your daughter slips up during your questioning about drugs.

Good luck!
    Last edited by Cathy C; 11-14-2013 at 05:07 PM.
    Want FREE reads? Click here!

Smiles!
    Cathy Clamp
    USA Today bestselling author
    ILLICIT, coming 7/16!
    My Website
    Follow me: Twitter
    Now on Facebook! Come friend me!

"An entertaining (and occasionally very dark) mystery." -- Locus

"[Shapeshifter] fans are about to hit the jackpot as Clamp returns to re-energize this amazing series. Searching for layered plotlines and complex characters? Look no further, as Clamp truly delivers!" -- RT BookReviews

"Cathy Clamp is a visionary author, creating new worlds that are both strong and vividly drawn. Adventure and excitement at its best." -- Yasmine Galenorn, New York Times Bestselling Author

"A struggling community under attack, compelling action, characters struggling with dark secrets ... FORBIDDEN hit all my favorite notes, and I love the rich world of the Sazi!" - Rachel Caine, New York Times Bestselling Author

Are there any other good short story threads on here?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12