• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

LitReactor (formerly The Cult's Writers' Workshop)

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
*boing*

No one?

A good crit group is priceless, but I'd want to know what the ratio of critting others' work is before I join -- much less a pay for one. I've found it's easy to burn out if you need to do X crits at Y length in Z time in order to have your own work critted. YMMV, of course.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
LitReactor is the evolution of Chuck Palahniuk's workshop. Merging.

Elvin-Bala

Registered
Reaction score
Is LitReactor legit?

Has anyone used this site? The front page features online classes from some popular authors (Chuck Palahniuk, Neil Gaiman), and online workshops. However, they do charge you for your participation. Trustworthy? Shady?

http://litreactor.com/

Fruitbat

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Rather than classes, I prefer study groups like the one I'm starting up here on flash fiction, though, where we buy a book and work on it together. The reason is the online writer classes I have participated in have been expensive and I did not find much interaction with the instructor for the cost. But that's just my personal preference.

Last edited:

Fruitbat

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I think wherever you use the critique board at, the trick is to pay attention to who gives good crit and try to form working relationships with those people.

Last edited:

LiteraryMouse

Registered
Reaction score
I don't do any flash fiction and I'm not a part of their boards, but I did take Mandy Hubbard's Writing & Selling YA fiction class last year and had a fantastic experience.

It's not cheap (then again, since this is the first and only multi-week course I've ever taken, it's hard to compare) but there was constant interaction with Mandy and her feedback was amazing. I came out of that class a much improved and much more confident writer.

I guess what I'm saying is, yes, LitReactor is legit!

GroundSquirrel

Registered
Reaction score
I had posed the following question on another thread as I couldn't find this one…

"Has anybody actually taken a class on Litreactor? I'm thinking of taking a class there. It's taught by an agent from D4EO. Was wondering if it was worth the investment of time and money.

Thanks."

It's a query writing class.