• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

EssayWriters.net / BestEssays.com / Universal Research, LLC

Eric Summers

Apply Directly to Forehead
Registered
Reaction score
Hmmm

Looks kind of shady to me. The mind boggling number of grammatical mistakes on their front page alone causes a lot of alarms to go off in my head.

Plus, I wonder where all these research papers and essays are going to? Are they selling term papers to students who don't want to write their own? I like a paycheck as much as the next guy, but I don't want my writing being used to help someone skate through college.

Maybe they are legit. Maybe their front page was designed by someone who doesn't speak english as a first language. But they claim to have been in business for years and there is no mention of them anywhere on Google other than the link that goes straight to their home page.

There are too many unanswered questions for me to want to try and work for them.

- Eric

Eric Summers

Apply Directly to Forehead
Registered
Reaction score
Hate to reply to my own posts...but I answered my own question.

If you plug the phone number that they have listed on their contact page for their "Headquater" into Google, you find that they are the same company that also runs http://www.bestessays.com/.

Want to take a guess what at what bestessays.com sells? That's right, they sell term papers.

- Eric

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
To which I give a respounding
eviltongue.gif

Munchkin

Registered
Reaction score
EssayWriters.net

I was wondering if anyone had heard of essaywriters.net. It sounds like a good job, but they just tell you to write papers, but they dont't so what you are writing them for. Does anyone know any info. on this company.

Thank you,
munchkin

PeeDee

Where's my tea, please...?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
peterdamien.com
During college English, our teacher gave us A Very Stern Look and told us that if we used any sort of online paper service to turn out any of our papers, we were not to think that we would get away with it. We were warned that the english department was Very Smart and would Catch On.

(She then paused to explain to us that, during research, we could come across these things called "hyper....links" and this was what we should do with them... :D )

At any rate, this really looks like the sort of thing she mentioned. They say that you can buy an essay on a particular subject and "cite it as a reference," but that sounds like so much smoke. I suspect you buy an essay, slap your name on it, turn it in, sound like you know what you're talking about.

I don't have anything concrete on 'em, that's just what it comes off as when I browse the site. The writer-end of it may be fine (if morally wonky) though I suspect you get a one-time sum for your article and see nothing about it ever again. Regardless, it sets off my Spidey Sense pretty quickly...

Addendum: ...and now, having gone through their Q&A Section, my Spidey Sense is screaming and running madly for the hills. Still don't know about writing for them, but buying from them looks iffy.

Last edited:

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Yeeup. Not a good deal for ethics alone.

Aconite

Registered
Reaction score
Munchkin said:
I was wondering if anyone had heard of essaywriters.net. It sounds like a good job, but they just tell you to write papers, but they dont't so what you are writing them for.
Munchkin, no matter how they may dress it up, what you're doing is writing research papers that other people will buy copies of and turn in under their names. If the ethics of that don't bother you, consider that a company that makes money off something dishonest probably isn't going to have high standards of conduct when dealing with its employees.

Munchkin

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I figured it was something like that. I worked to hard on papers in high school and college to want to work for something that helps people cheat. I just wanted to be sure I wasn't be to cynical.

Thanks for the heads up.

Robin Bayne

~writes for Him~
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.robinbayne.com
Many writers have been stiffed by this type of company--I've seen complaint threads about them. The response from most of their fellow writers? ---

What do you expect from a company whose goal is to help people cheat?

Epicman

I said What!?!?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cometogetherbooks.com
As a grad student I can tell you that my university has recently utilized the services of a company that scans in all research and report papers and compares them on-line to seek comparable combinations of words. I assume they are doing this randomly but this will soon put those essay companies out of business.

The penalty for plagerism at the University of Central Oklahoma: Dismissal from the college and a huge black mark on your transcript.

pepperlandgirl

American Aquarium Drinker
Registered
Reaction score
Actually, it doesn't make me wonder at all. Most people get away with cheating, but it doesn't matter. If every single person who turned in an essay from the Internet was caught, it wouldn't act as a deterent. The type of kids who cheat are the type of kids who say, "Man, that won't happen to me."

Of course, the real hilarious thing is that you don't even need a program to help you check if the paper is plagiarized. Most professors are savvy enough to spot it without help.

PeeDee

Registered
Reaction score
Website
peterdamien.com
When the stoned-out dude who has, so far this quarter, given intellectual comments such as "Dude...man...seriously...that's some sweet shite!"

...and then he turns in a paper called "The metaphorical significance of the crossing turtle in John Steinback's Grapes of Wrath, as seen within the historical great depression."

I think he miiiiight be cheating... :)

PVish

Cat hair collector
Registered
Reaction score
Website
peevishpen.blogspot.com
pepperlandgirl said:
Of course, the real hilarious thing is that you don't even need a program to help you check if the paper is plagiarized. Most professors are savvy enough to spot it without help.

Yep. I am a adjunct instructor of fresman comp. It's pretty easy to Google a few select phrases from any student's paper and see what pops up. I had a student last semester who used a sample paper from a professor's website at another college. Easy to catch that one—when a student who normally writes, uh, less than perfectly turns in an absolutely wonderful paper I get suspicious.

I've had students before who were habitually late turning in papers, and the papers I finally got were in Courier, not the TNR 12 I specified (well, except for the name at the top—that was in TNR 12). Funny thing, these kids couldn't tell me what their paper was about when I gave a pop quiz with the question "What was your thesis statement?"

PeeDee

Registered
Reaction score
Website
peterdamien.com
In a horrible, terrible, sort of way...it's funny. I'd feel bad for them, if they weren't caught red-handed CHEATING. That knocks my sympathy-meter down pretty darn quick. Or if you're going to cheat, at least try to be a little more adept about it. Go find the major nerd on campus and make him your buddy for a day until he writes your paper. Even if it's boring, reading the silly thing before you turn it in.

(or...I don't know....write your own paper.)

kristin724

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kristinbattestella.blogspot.com
Essaywriters.net legit?

I found this website a few months ago and signed up on the whim. I didn't really expect to be 'approved' by http://www.essaywriters.net/. Today I received an email saying I could begin taking 'orders' and do the writing within the time and get paid, paid good money.

It seems good, I thought it would just be normal freelance articles or research grants and the like, but it seems behind the login it's all college assignments. As in you are being paid to write other kid's schoolwork.

um, okay, how can this not have scam written all over it?

Even if I could do an economic thesis, I don't know if I'd want to, morally.

Scary stories commence!

Kristin

Spiritwriter

Registered
Reaction score
Kristin724
Did you pay attention to the spelling/grammar on this site?

" have quitted their present jobs "........hummmm

travNastee

in a bulletproof vest...
Registered
Reaction score
Spiritwriter said:
Kristin724
Did you pay attention to the spelling/grammar on this site?

" have quitted their present jobs "........hummmm

Hey, see if they'll pay you to fix the g&p on their website. Because the guys that did that shouldn't have quitted their day jobs.

Legally, can you get in trouble for doing such a thing? I don't think so, but I'm not sure. Can they? Expulsion, auto failure, so on so forth.

So if you feel like going through college a second time, go for it. If you'd like to know that the kids that will be running your future will be actually know the stuff they're supposed to...I would skip it.

Deleted member 42

It's a paper mill, used by cheating students who have money.

I'd stay far, far away.

Stuart Hades

Registered
Reaction score
Is there no kind of registration for this sort of thing?? Duh!!!!!! Suppose not!

PVish

Cat hair collector
Registered
Reaction score
Website
peevishpen.blogspot.com
If they make a business of helping kids cheat, what makes you think they'd be honest about paying you?

At the beginning of every semester, I hand out a bunch of essays from some of the free essays sites on the Internet. My Eng. 101 students and I go through them, and I explain why they are such bad examples of college writing. They get the message that I check.

Every so often, I get an essay that isn't in the form (or even the font) that I require. Usually the essay is handed in late. That tips me off. A few years ago, a football player cried when I confronted him. A colleague once got an essay from a guy who described himself as female all through his paper. He'd never even read what he bought.

To anyone who is going to take money for writing essays: Please throw in some grammar and spelling errors. Make up some sources in a research paper. Put in one or two totally outlandish statements. Give these kids the message that it's better if they write the papers themselves. The companies that hire you won't know the difference, and neither will the student who is cheating. The instructor will know, though.