• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Silver Quill Poetry / New World Publishing

Bufty

Where have the last ten years gone?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
New World Publishing, Cleveland Ohio. Anyone have any dealings with these folk? I can't trace them other than in a website,

http://www.silverquillpoetry.net/page/page/2316899.htm

where they claim to get you published through a 'traditional publisher' for $295. I may be unduly suspicious, but I hope nobody is picking up a fee for forwarding a manuscript to a rather well-known 'traditional publisher' covered in another thread here!!:Hail:

Added in Edit: I'm querying this because I don't like scammers - not because I'm hunting.:)

Last edited:

Cathy C

Ooo! Shiny new cover!
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cathyclamp.com
Remain suspicious and walk the other way, Bufty. This says it all:

you published through a 'traditional publisher' for $295.

Remember the Golden Rule: GOLD FLOWS TO THE AUTHOR! Traditional publishers pay you to publish the book, not the other way around.

Aconite

Registered
Reaction score
Bufty, that's exactly what it sounds like. If not PA specifically, then a PA clone or worse.

I'm sure you already know this, but for the sake of inexperienced lurkers: Writers are not supposed to pay publishers. Publisher are supposed to pay writers. (Would you pay your employer for the privilege of working?) Reputable agents work on commission; when they sell your book to a publisher, they take a percentage of the advance and royalties. Agents who work on any other kind of payment plan are almost certainly not reputable; do not deal with them.

James D. Macdonald

Your Genial Uncle
Absolute Sage
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
madhousemanor.wordpress.com
spacer.gif

Bufty

Where have the last ten years gone?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Wot? James, you expect a Scotsman to cough up $16.49 for a T-shirt that someone's already written on? :Shrug:

I genuinely appreciate all the concern, guys, but although my initial post must have been dreadfully unclear, I'm not the least interested in even considering using these schiesters - I happened upon them by chance and my aim in posting was to REPORT them because I couldn't find them either in Preditors and Editors or via the AW Search engine.

Last edited:

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Bufty said:
Wot? James, you expect a Scotsman to cough up $16.49 for a T-shirt that someone's already written on? :Shrug:
:roll:

Last edited:

Kasey Mackenzie

One Hit Wonder?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kaseymackenzie.com
Well it could be the fact you asked, "Anyone have any dealings with these folk?" in your initial posting. That tends to hint that you're asking because you want to hear firsthand experiences. That said, I think it was a good idea to post a warning here. =)

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
(Just confirming that Ron's previous "publisher" was PublishAmerica, under the names "RW Kisner" and "Ronald Wayne Kisner".)

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Site's gone. There's mention here that NWP went on hiatus for health reasons and was due back in 2009. Doesn't look like that happened.