AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Silver Quill Poetry / New World Publishing

Let's see what's on special today.. Bufty's Avatar

Silver Quill Poetry / New World Publishing

New World Publishing, Cleveland Ohio. Anyone have any dealings with these folk? I can't trace them other than in a website,

http://www.silverquillpoetry.net/page/page/2316899.htm

where they claim to get you published through a 'traditional publisher' for $295. I may be unduly suspicious, but I hope nobody is picking up a fee for forwarding a manuscript to a rather well-known 'traditional publisher' covered in another thread here!!

Added in Edit: I'm querying this because I don't like scammers - not because I'm hunting.
    Last edited by Bufty; 09-16-2005 at 01:39 AM.
    Everything yields to treatment.

Ooo! Shiny new cover! Absolute Sage Cathy C's Avatar
    Remain suspicious and walk the other way, Bufty. This says it all:

you published through a 'traditional publisher' for $295.
    Remember the Golden Rule: GOLD FLOWS TO THE AUTHOR! Traditional publishers pay you to publish the book, not the other way around.
    Want FREE reads? Click here!

Smiles!
    Cathy Clamp
    USA Today bestselling author
    ILLICIT, coming 7/16!
    My Website
    Follow me: Twitter
    Now on Facebook! Come friend me!

"An entertaining (and occasionally very dark) mystery." -- Locus

"[Shapeshifter] fans are about to hit the jackpot as Clamp returns to re-energize this amazing series. Searching for layered plotlines and complex characters? Look no further, as Clamp truly delivers!" -- RT BookReviews

"Cathy Clamp is a visionary author, creating new worlds that are both strong and vividly drawn. Adventure and excitement at its best." -- Yasmine Galenorn, New York Times Bestselling Author

"A struggling community under attack, compelling action, characters struggling with dark secrets ... FORBIDDEN hit all my favorite notes, and I love the rich world of the Sazi!" - Rachel Caine, New York Times Bestselling Author

Gone
    Bufty, that's exactly what it sounds like. If not PA specifically, then a PA clone or worse.

I'm sure you already know this, but for the sake of inexperienced lurkers: Writers are not supposed to pay publishers. Publisher are supposed to pay writers. (Would you pay your employer for the privilege of working?) Reputable agents work on commission; when they sell your book to a publisher, they take a percentage of the advance and royalties. Agents who work on any other kind of payment plan are almost certainly not reputable; do not deal with them.

Let's see what's on special today.. Bufty's Avatar
    Wot? James, you expect a Scotsman to cough up $16.49 for a T-shirt that someone's already written on?

I genuinely appreciate all the concern, guys, but although my initial post must have been dreadfully unclear, I'm not the least interested in even considering using these schiesters - I happened upon them by chance and my aim in posting was to REPORT them because I couldn't find them either in Preditors and Editors or via the AW Search engine.
    Last edited by Bufty; 09-16-2005 at 02:23 PM.
    Everything yields to treatment.

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bufty
    Wot? James, you expect a Scotsman to cough up $16.49 for a T-shirt that someone's already written on?
    Last edited by CaoPaux; 06-02-2008 at 10:36 PM. Reason: fixing broken smilie

One Hit Wonder? Kasey Mackenzie's Avatar
    Well it could be the fact you asked, "Anyone have any dealings with these folk?" in your initial posting. That tends to hint that you're asking because you want to hear firsthand experiences. That said, I think it was a good idea to post a warning here. =)
    Good things come to those who wait...and work their tails off!!!

Coming Soon on Kindle: Reborn in Fire

(Just confirming that Ron's previous "publisher" was PublishAmerica, under the names "RW Kisner" and "Ronald Wayne Kisner".)
    ICAO
    ---------

Censorship always defeats its own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion. -- Henry Steele Commager
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

Site's gone. There's mention here that NWP went on hiatus for health reasons and was due back in 2009. Doesn't look like that happened.
    ICAO
    ---------

Censorship always defeats its own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion. -- Henry Steele Commager
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017: