• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] Dystel, Goderich & Bourret, LLC (formerly Dystel & Goderich Lit. Mgmt.)

Aggy B.

Not as sweet as you think
Registered
Reaction score
Today, I was rejected again by Jane.

Sorry to hear that. I will say, I have another author friend who has queried three (or four?) books with D&G. The first ones were rejected as not being right for their lists or just not something they felt they could sell at that point. (Genre was oversaturated.) But they did keep after her to send them something else because they liked how she wrote, even if they weren't (yet) keen on the books themselves.

It seems it is not unusual if they like an author's voice/style/etc to keep looking at MSs until they find one they want to represent. You know, if you have others or will in the future.

Best of luck.

poppyI

Registered
Reaction score
Jim mcCarthey rejected me a day later, and queried Michael. wish me good luck!

alaktas

Registered
Reaction score
Sent a snail mail submission in June to Jessica Papin and have not heard a response yet.

52greg

Registered
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. I will say, I have another author friend who has queried three (or four?) books with D&G. The first ones were rejected as not being right for their lists or just not something they felt they could sell at that point. (Genre was oversaturated.) But they did keep after her to send them something else because they liked how she wrote, even if they weren't (yet) keen on the books themselves.

It seems it is not unusual if they like an author's voice/style/etc to keep looking at MSs until they find one they want to represent. You know, if you have others or will in the future.

Best of luck.

Thanks, Aggy.

Belle_91

With her nose stuck in a book
Registered
Reaction score
I queried Rachel Stout on August 13th and I've yet to hear back from her (agency says you can re-send after two months). What's weird, though, is that I can't find her listed under their agents. Does anyone know if she still works for them? Should I re-send to another agent?

KAMielke

I'm clever, really.
Registered
Reaction score
I queried Miriam Goderich on September 16th and she requested the full manuscript today. It's my first request for the whole shebang, but I'm cautiously optimistic.

Update: Form rejection on October 22nd. Aw well.

Last edited:

community chest

Registered
Reaction score
Querytracker indicates that she no longer works at Dystel, and her LinkedIn page corroborates this.

Director C

needy
Registered
Reaction score
I queried Jane on 2/1 and she requested the full on 2/2. On 2/25, I was offered representation to work with Rachel Stout. After talking with her, I felt confident she would be great to work with and took the week to fight off hordes of offering agents (if a horde can be made up of 1) and decided to accept Rachel's offer last Friday. Very excited to begin working with her.

Querytracker indicates that she no longer works at Dystel, and her LinkedIn page corroborates this.

I wonder what this means for Laclos??

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
Queried Jim McCarthy with an occult detective thriller (think James Patterson meets Dean Koontz). Got a full request an hour later. Keeping my fingers crossed.

I'm confused. You have "Represented By Trident Media Group" in your sig.......?

Director C

needy
Registered
Reaction score
Now named Dystel, Goderich & Bourret
[h=2][/h]

Vandal

In the Center of things
Registered
Reaction score
Eric Myers has left Dystel, Goderich, & Bourret to start his own agency, Myers Literary Management. He may be reached at [email protected]. -- PM

missbluestocking

Registered
Reaction score
I just wanted to drop in to share my experience working with the lovely Amy Bishop. She's not new to the agency, but recently started building her client's list, and I was fortunate enough to catch her attention. After I accepted her offer of rep, she has proved to be a very competent and enthusiastic agent. She responds to my email SO quick and is very hands-on about my project, which I REALLY appreciate. I guess, the fact that she has a creative writing degree, makes her have a really good eye for strengthening writing/plot/character dev/theme. I'm very glad to be working with her! To those that have queried to her, I wish you the best of luck!

gbhike

Registered
Reaction score
Got rejected from Michael Bourret - boo. Apparently this is a "no from one = no from all" company.

Vivairi

Imposter Syndrome and Black Tea
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bittybooknook.blogspot.com
Anyone know anything about Kemi Faderin? I can't find very much on her at all except that she's looking for "smart, plot-driven YA". She's listed on QueryTracker.

Tench

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all, I got a request for a full from Jim MacCarthy recently (a crime novel with some humour). Does anyone have any recent response times from him?