Status
Not open for further replies.

Hallen

Mostly annoying
Registered
Reaction score
I hate you :D
Don't hate me, it's my dad's. :)
Hallen, that is too awesome. Man, I'm jealous! That is so cute!

Yeah, I'm jealous too. But then I remember that he worked his ass off to get there. It also took many years before he had the time to build his little cabin. He deserves it. (I'm not sure why he needs it, him and mom have a 3000 square foot house with just the two of them there now. I guess mom can be a bit annoying at times...)

My oldest son just moved out, so I think I'm going to convert one of the bedrooms into my studio. It ain't a cabin, but at least it won't be multipurpose.

Jessianodel

Blessed by the AW Gods
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah my cat is annoying too. She doesn't 'catch' but she will walk right onto my keyboard, lay down and meow loudly.

ladyleeona

fluently sarcastic grandma offender
Registered
Reaction score
I could build one of those myself for a third of the money...and mine would have a gun port

I'll give you directions.

You know, so you can build a prototype in my backyard...just to make sure you reeaalllyy want one.

Then of course I'd invite you to leave it, so you could go build yourself a bigger one. A better one. =)

kaitiepaige17

Inappropriate smiley INCOMINGGGGGG!
Registered
Reaction score
So, I don't know about you, but I often dream of the day when my writing space isn't 'the corner of the dining room'. I fantasise about a log cabin in the middle of nowhere, but I'd settle for one in the back garden.

I think I found one. More than one as it happens. I'm going to start saving for the little pod thing at the bottom.

That just reminds me of Secret Window :p

semmie

barefooted
Registered
Reaction score
Website
semmie.wordpress.com
Does every writer want a log cabin in the snow? I imagine it sounds more romantic and beautiful than it actually is.....either that or it's much better. Dude it even looks awesome in clipart form!
No...it's pretty romantic.

It's only unromantic when you first come in from the snow and your socks are wet and your nose is runny and your fingers are numb. Once the fire is going, the coffee is made, and you've pulled on some dry socks, there's nothing better than a log cabin in the snow. It is incredibly inspiring.

Jessianodel

Blessed by the AW Gods
Registered
Reaction score
Semmie I almost cried. Your description brought back so many memories!

I love that feeling! And I don't even have a fire! I just have the fake channel that runs on tv during christmas, the yule log.

That's it, I no longer care. I WILL get my log cabin one day. If I have to move to Alaska and build it myself.

rockette7

Registered
Reaction score
I'd like the oval please. These are very cool. Mind you, any old shed would be nice; it wouldn't have my mother in it asking me to make her a cup of tea/take the bin out/go and buy milk every five minutes. If a regular shed was good enough for Roald Dahl, it's good enough for me.

Witch_turtle

hanging around for a spell
Registered
Reaction score
Agreed, these are super-cool.

But why does everybody want a log cabin in the middle of snowy-nowhere?? I live in northern Alberta and my dream spot would be anywhere I NEVER HAD TO SEE SNOW AGAIN. A beach hut overlooking the tropical ocean, perhaps :) Or one of those homes built into the rocks way up in tropical forests!

Jessianodel

Blessed by the AW Gods
Registered
Reaction score
Well because I grew up in New England, where we actually have four different season, but winter was always my favorite.

I would take cold weather over hot anyday. Actually, my dream living arrangement is to spend half the year in Alaska and half in Hawaii

The Lonely One

Why is a raven like a writing desk?
Registered
Reaction score
How about a big room, a typewriter and a tennis ball to bounce against the wall?

"Wendy?...Darling. Light of my life. I'm not gonna hurt ya. You didn't let me finish my sentence. I said: 'I'm not gonna hurt ya.' I'm just gonna bash your brains in. I'm gonna bash 'em right the f--- in! Ha, ha."

Ren

I'm not clever enough for this...
Registered
Reaction score
I want an office... Currently I write in the living room, which is also the bedroom, and there's always the TV and talking, and the toddler asking me for things.

mario_c

Your thoughts are not real...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mariocaiti.com
TLO and Alitriona, do we sense Stephen King is trying to warn us of the writing life, that it can make one go off the deep end? "Now when you hear me typing..." :eek:

Anyway, where were we? Oh yes, tiny houses...I figure eventually I'll have to move to LA, and I always dreamed of living at least temporarily in one of those big studio bungalows - they still keep rows of little shacks where writers write, and dreams are made. Failing that, I can always rent one of those tiny Venice (CA) bungalows and live the Dharma Bums dream lifestyle.
Or not.

Bartholomew

Comic guy
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Honestly, if the local Borders would let me set up a hammock in the back somewhere, I could write there all day long. Even at its noisiest, it's the only place I can seem to get any work done.

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
For my dream writing place, i have the layout all planed out in my head. I was a secrate starecase hidden behind a bookcase in my mansion, this starecase would lead to a room probably only 15 by 15 feet maybe smaller. The walls would be blood red. There would be a large skylight in the middle of the room. And there would be a small bathroom attached to the room. The room would contain one large wooden desk facing the door and a nice comfy office chair. There would be a window right to the right of the desk and chair. On the wall next to the door would be a cork board so i can pin up all my ideas, and underneath that a small file cabnet, for all my outlines and ideas, and stuff. Behind my chair along the wall would be a huge bookshelf. There would also be a small deck attached to this little room that would have a hammock set up on it. Because i get alot of good thinking done in my hammock.

mario_c

Your thoughts are not real...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mariocaiti.com
Honestly, if the local Borders would let me set up a hammock in the back somewhere, I could write there all day long. Even at its noisiest, it's the only place I can seem to get any work done.
I worked at Borders for about 5 years and we had problems with the local homeless population abusing the "stay and read" policy - they would do things like hang their clothes around the Science area, apparently to air out the fleas and stains and whatnot. Or wash up in the bathroom, like all over. :eek: Don't get me started about the craps games, dirty old men in the kids' section, on and on...

Carlene

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.carlenedater.com
I have the perfect little place in my new home in Oregon. It's a zen-like patio surrounded by the house on three sides and a tall wooden fence on the fourth. There's a water fountain, bamboo, stones peace and quiet. I take pen and paper out there to sit and think when I'm generating ideas or just want to sit and enjoy the quiet. My big Lab Duke loves to come out and lay in the sun beside me.
Life is good.

Carlene

Roman Circus
Legacy – pub date 9/27/2010
www.nobleromance.com

Mind Echoes
Stormy Love
The Worst Evil
www.whiskeycreekpress.com

Call Sign: Love
The Colors of Death
An Extra Pair of Eyes
www.writewordsinc.com

Finder
www.wildchildpublishing.com

Mysterious Gift
www.cobblestone-press.com

SueLahna

Registered
Reaction score
Website
wordvagabond.com
I don't really need a cabin, just a room for just my books with a desk tucked away in the back to work at. I think thats all I really need.

Status
Not open for further replies.