Bioshock: Infinite

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarcanus

Lord of the Tarcans
Registered
Reaction score
I am thoroughly surprised at the lack of a thread on this, yet!

www.whatisicarus.com

Ken Levine, for the past 3 years, has been working on another Bioshock game. This time on a floating city called Columbia. And by floating, I don't mean on water. Watch the trailer to find out for yourselves!

Fulk

Occasional Contributer
Registered
Reaction score
How is it that I haven't heard of this until just now? I'm excited!

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
I'm glad Ken Lavine and Irrational Games is behind this again. They're behind a lot of my favorite games.

maxmordon

Penúltimo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I do wonder, though, if this is set in the same world than Bioshock. Interesting they are targeting Patriotism now.

AlexPiper

Wayward Wordsmith
Registered
Reaction score
Seattle, WA -- land of rain, home of the spice caf
Website
www.fabulaurbanus.com
I do wonder, though, if this is set in the same world than Bioshock.

According to game summaries, it is. But apparently this one's set much earlier than BioShock was.

While Rapture was built in the 1940's and collapsed in 1959 (with the first game taking place in 1960 and the second in 1968), Columbia was built in 1893 as a floating exhibition for the World's Fair. Apparently it goes rogue and the US government disavows any knowledge of it, and it wanders off into the skies, above the clouds where no one can find it. The game takes place in 1912, when a Pinkerton man gets hired by someone who /does/ know where Columbia is, and sent there to go retrieve a kidnapped girl.

Of course, this being a *Shock game, we know that a) things won't be as expected (the Big Reveal in System Shock 2 is still one of the best video game moments ever, I think), and b) it'll all go to pot really fast.

TheMindKiller

Only I Will Remain
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jabberwocky.ws
Great article that goes into some deep detail about this game and includes the game's trailer:

http://kotaku.com/5607451/bioshock-infinite-goes-beyond-the-sea--into-the-skies

While I loved BioShock, I was really expecting something wholly original from Levine after all the secrecy. This is basically just a whole new spiritual successor to the games that have come before, with a little bit of Ubisoft's 2008 Prince of Persia game (the female savior companion) thrown in.

Status
Not open for further replies.