• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Stuart Krichevsky Literary Agency, Inc

Elwyn

Registered
Reaction score
This agency is not listed at P&E, but they're a member of AAR. Agent's name I contacted: Shana Cohen

I'm guessing if someone is affiliated with AAR, they should be on the up-and-up?????

James D. Macdonald

Your Genial Uncle
Absolute Sage
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
madhousemanor.wordpress.com
An AAR member may be coasting on past glory, and any agent may be the wrong agent for a particular writer, but in general -- AAR membership is something you should look for.

Please be aware that agencies aren't members of AAR -- individual agents are.

DaveKuzminski

Preditors & Editors
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
anotherealm.com
Elwyn said:
This agency is not listed at P&E, but they're a member of AAR. Agent's name I contacted: Shana Cohen

I'm guessing if someone is affiliated with AAR, they should be on the up-and-up?????

Actually, it is. Look for it under Stuart. Why? Because businesses don't really have first and last names. Because of that, we also list agents using the same rule since many of them name their agencies after themselves. ;)

dragonjax

I write stuff and break boards.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jackiekessler.com
I found Shana to be very professional. She got back to me on my requested partial in less than six weeks, with an apology for the delay.

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
re: Shana Cohen

Seconded.
She was very prompt and thoroughly professional in all her correspondence with me

Jack_Roberts

Scribe of my muse, Annabelle
Registered
Reaction score
Website
night-children.blogspot.com
Thank you for the information about Shana Cohen.
I just sent my query letter, synopsis and first page to her on Sep. 11th.
This is my first try at sending anything to an agent, so I wasn't sure how long I should wait

Last edited:

eqb

I write novels
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.claireodell.com
Shana answered my email query within a day, the partial within six weeks, and the full manuscript at or around two months. Quick, friendly, and very professional.

DeadlyAccurate

Absolutely Fazed
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.carlaharker.com
Jack_Roberts said:
When should I contact her? I sent the email query on Monday. I don't want to rush her.

If she hasn't specifically requested anything from you, never. Query other legitimate agents in the meantime. If you send out one query at a time and are hoping for a response, your grandchildren will be dead of old age before you get published.

melusine

Registered
Reaction score
Apparently Shana sold a book called SPIRAL HUNT, an urban fantasy, to Eos in a three book deal. I read somewhere that this was in an auction but I can't be sure.

Author's name is Margaret Ronald.

Last edited:

Mt. Dew Addict

Oh my...I'm a big girl now...eep?
Registered
Reaction score
Apparently Shana sold a book called SPIRAL HUNT, an urban fantasy, to Eos in a three book deal. I read somewhere that this was in an auction but I can't be sure.

According to Publisher's Marketplace, that was sold at auction in November 2007. There isn't anything else more recent listed on Publisher's Marketplace for her, though there is for her agency.

brimfire

Registered
Reaction score
Ms. Cohen also reps the recently released book SUPERPOWERS by David Schwartz (I think that's the author).

Mt. Dew Addict

Oh my...I'm a big girl now...eep?
Registered
Reaction score
Turns out not all deals are listed in Publisher's Marketplace...so, if she's had any other deals I'm not sure how to find that out aside from AgentQuery and googling.

Rebecca_Rogers

Registered
Reaction score
Shana was very polite when I received her email rejection. Although, "probably not the right agent for you" is a beat-around-the-bush answer, if you ask me.

JJPie

Registered
Reaction score
Shana seems like she has tons of clients, but AQ said she's actively building her list...was confused about that.

Anyway, for anyone who has queried her, what were your response times? Thanks!

Erin

Listening to my other selves
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.erinrichards.com
JJPie, we're on the same query trail! I queried Shana with Book 1 in January, rejected next day. Queried Book 2 in February, got 6 day reject.

JJPie

Registered
Reaction score
Totally Erin! Except I think you're a few months ahead of me. We should compare notes to make sure we've blanketed everything out there! Are we both writing urban fantasy perhaps?

Erin

Listening to my other selves
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.erinrichards.com
Totally Erin! Except I think you're a few months ahead of me. We should compare notes to make sure we've blanketed everything out there! Are we both writing urban fantasy perhaps?

Yep! The book I'm back to querying is adult urban fantasy, the other is fantasy romance (which I quit querying in February for a while).

worddance

Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone had any dealings with Shana Cohen lately? I queried her almost two weeks ago via email and haven't heard back.

sciri

Maxine Fan
Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone had any dealings with Shana Cohen lately? I queried her almost two weeks ago via email and haven't heard back.

Two months from query to R the first time (last fall), about four weeks second time around (January).