The AW Amazon Store
Buy Books by AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: KABooks / KAMedia Works Ltd. (formerly HandE Book Publishers, Ltd.)

Ne tequcesiverius extra Shrouded's Avatar

KABooks / KAMedia Works Ltd. (formerly HandE Book Publishers, Ltd.)

Hi. I'm a newbie. Has anyone had any dealings or any info on Hande Book Publishers? They are based in the UK. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    If it's this one: http://www.handepublishers.co.uk/, it's not a good sign that Coming Soon is for 2009 ....
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

Hande Book Publishers UK

Thanks CaoPaux. They've indictated to me they were taking submissions and I wanted to get an idea of their track record.

Tired and Disillusioned Momento Mori's Avatar
    The front page of their website needs updating although they do have books up that were published as recently as this June.

It looks like they're on the level at least, they're publishing TV tie-in books for Wizbit (and there's a show I haven't thought about in years), but the big test is to go into your local bookstore and see if any of their books are on the shelves.

Shrouded, have they indicated whether or not they're paying an advance or what their other terms are?

MM

Thanks Momento Mori. I tried looking into their history but didn't get to far. There was no mention of an advance just that they distributed in the UK. I will heed your advice and see what I can find in Indigo and Chapters. t's the lack of info that had me wondering about them.

THIS WEBSITE IS CURRENTLY BEEN UPDATED

WELCOME OF HANDE BOOK PUBLISHERS!
    Also check out the excerpts available on Amazon to get a feel for the level of formatting and editing.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

Wilde about Oscar aliceshortcake's Avatar
    Ye gods. I had a peek inside one book and it wasn't pretty...
    "There is only one thing worse than being obliged to sit cross-legged on the grass, and that is being obliged to sit cross-legged on the grass near an ant colony"
    Oscar Wilde (citation needed)

Is now KABooks / KAMedia Works Ltd.: http://www.kabooks.co.uk/
    ICAO
    ---------