• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Publisher] Kids In Between

IceCreamEmpress

Hapless Virago
Registered
Reaction score
Has the MS been seen and rejected by larger educational publishers already? Because although these folks seem completely on the up-and-up based on their website, they don't look like a very high budget or large market operation (also based on their website), and you might do better financially elsewhere.

I used to work in educational publishing and have never heard of them before, which also supports my suspicion that they're not a big-budget outfit, so that's something to consider. (Their "All our books are boring but at least we admit it" marketing strategy doesn't do much for me, either.)

That said, if your book is an ideal match for their market, and hard to place at a larger publisher, I don't see any red flags on the website. Kudos to them for having clear, well proofread copy on the site, too!

HapiSofi

Hagiographically Advantaged
Registered
Reaction score
Non-fiction for a well-identified niche market.
Whoever wrote that front page has a notably good prose style, though they're short a few required commas. I put more faith in the prose. It feels to me like there's a labor of love lurking somewhere behind the deliberate plainness.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Per last cache of catalog page:

It is with sadness, that the Kids at Kids In Between are closing the books so to speak. We will cease operations on June 30 of this year, 2012. The Kids are ready to retire and the Kids Kids have no interest in taking over the company. We have no buyer, we are not going bankrupt, we are just retiring. So, to that end we are selling through the materials we have in stock and are not printing more.