• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Pink Narcissus Press

new writer 56

Registered
Reaction score
Hi

Has anyone sent submissions to this new publication ? I just like to hear about other writers experiences and thoughts about new publications before submitting anything.I wrote a story I thought about sending out. It sounds interesting and the anthology themes are right in line with my type of writing.

Check it out !

http://pinknarc.com/

M.R.J. Le Blanc

aka Sadistic Mistress Mi-chan
Registered
Reaction score
I know I've seen this site before, but it doesn't look like it was on AW. Anyway, both the Books and Authors section is empty, no idea of who's behind it. Might be best to wait a year and see how well they're doing.

M.R.J. Le Blanc

aka Sadistic Mistress Mi-chan
Registered
Reaction score
According to their FB page, their elf anthology is their first project and they've had to extend the deadline due to lack of good entries.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Have books and editor info up now (the latter at the bottom of the Authors page).

JulesJones

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.julesjones.com
Their promo included putting out 15 print ARCs of the Elf Love anthology through the LibraryThing Early Reviewers programme (which I think is a good way for a small press to get exposure, although as a long-standing LTER member I am obviously biased). You can see the resulting reviews, including mine, at http://www.librarything.com/work/10584073 - I would note that the reviews range from favourable to extremely unfavourable, but that I am not aware of any public tantrums about the unfavourable ones, which is a good sign.

On the basis of my reader experience with that anthology, they wouldn't be my first choice for something I could readily place with a market targeting my usual audience, but I wouldn't rule them out for something that didn't fit my usual markets. I was considering submitting an out of print short to the Queer Fish 2 anthology that's just closed - the pay rate was 1c/word, which would have been about $50 for the story I had in mind..

badducky

No Time For Chitchat, Kemosabe.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jmmcdermott.blogspot.com
I had a run in with these folks. They seem nice. They’re putting out some good books.

What I saw in the contract is not something I would sign, personally. They ask for a lot of things for a very long time and they don’t pay much for them.

Again, your mileage may vary, but don’t let anybody convince you it is standard practice to give 50% of all your rights to a place that has no track record utilizing them, for the sort of advance they are offering which is fine for a small press advance, but, not fine for all they want in exchange.

seem like nice people, and some of their books are really good. It’s your call whether to pursue them or not.

Last edited: