The AW Amazon Store
Buy Books by AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Pink Narcissus Press

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

Pink Narcissus Press

Hi

Has anyone sent submissions to this new publication ? I just like to hear about other writers experiences and thoughts about new publications before submitting anything.I wrote a story I thought about sending out. It sounds interesting and the anthology themes are right in line with my type of writing.

Check it out !

http://pinknarc.com/

aka Sadistic Mistress Mi-chan M.R.J. Le Blanc's Avatar
    I know I've seen this site before, but it doesn't look like it was on AW. Anyway, both the Books and Authors section is empty, no idea of who's behind it. Might be best to wait a year and see how well they're doing.
    Follow me on my Blog
    I'm also on Facebook
    I have a Dragon Cave

Self-Banned
    Agreed.

I'd also be happier if they listed pay rates and rights acquired.

aka Sadistic Mistress Mi-chan M.R.J. Le Blanc's Avatar
    According to their FB page, their elf anthology is their first project and they've had to extend the deadline due to lack of good entries.
    Follow me on my Blog
    I'm also on Facebook
    I have a Dragon Cave

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Have books and editor info up now (the latter at the bottom of the Authors page).
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

practical experience, FTW Bogna's Avatar
    I just submitted to Pink Narc, I will post again if and when I get a response.
    Free At Last available 8-28-2015!

practical experience, FTW Bogna's Avatar
    Well, I got rejected but they got back to me really fast (8 days). I would consider subbing to them again.
    Free At Last available 8-28-2015!

practical experience, FTW JulesJones's Avatar
    Their promo included putting out 15 print ARCs of the Elf Love anthology through the LibraryThing Early Reviewers programme (which I think is a good way for a small press to get exposure, although as a long-standing LTER member I am obviously biased). You can see the resulting reviews, including mine, at http://www.librarything.com/work/10584073 - I would note that the reviews range from favourable to extremely unfavourable, but that I am not aware of any public tantrums about the unfavourable ones, which is a good sign.

On the basis of my reader experience with that anthology, they wouldn't be my first choice for something I could readily place with a market targeting my usual audience, but I wouldn't rule them out for something that didn't fit my usual markets. I was considering submitting an out of print short to the Queer Fish 2 anthology that's just closed - the pay rate was 1c/word, which would have been about $50 for the story I had in mind..
    http://www.julesjones.com

Flynnís not as anonymous as he thinks when he tells his chatroom friends what he wants his new boss to do to him. When his boss confronts him, Flynnís choice is put up or shut up. He can play out the fantasy or walk away and forget about his fantasies forever.
    A Collision With Reality - released by NineStar Press on 2 January 2017.