• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Grove Creek Publishing

Sydewinder

Banned
Reaction score
Look up. you see that bright star in the sky? I li
Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with, or thoughts about, these guys. They popped up on my radar when a member of my writers group (who works as a librarian) mentioned that they offered their books for free (just to libraries as a way to get the word out about their titles). Apparently one of their titles won an award (?) but I wasn't able to see what one or what award. Same member of my group told me about the award but I wasn't able to find it online.

Here's the link:

http://www.grovecreekpublishing.com/gc/default.asp

Their books are priced right, and the covers look alright. So it's hard to determine if they're POD or Off-set. I suspect the former since they don't mention a distributor.

I don't see any red-flags but then I don't know google-fu as well as some of you folks.

Little1

Hakuna Matata
Registered
Reaction score
Grove Creek Publishing, LLC was founded to open a door into publishing for indie authors.

I found this bit interesting... There is not much on the site about WHY I should go with them. There is not much on the site by way of what they do. I.E how do they advertise. Distribution Ext.

Little1

Hakuna Matata
Registered
Reaction score
Hum... I tried to do a bit of looking around the site and it froze my I.E.... tis odd.. Is that what happend with U ANarchicq?

Saanen

Registered
Reaction score
I'm having no trouble with the website. I use Firefox, for what it's worth.

There's not a lot of info on the site, but the covers look good. Buy links go directly to Amazon.

M.R.J. Le Blanc

aka Sadistic Mistress Mi-chan
Registered
Reaction score
Prices are good, I'd say they're POD judging by those covers. Better than most POD, but you can still kind of tell. All the books are by Jennifer Laurens (JM Warwick is her YA penname), which makes me wonder just how she's connected to this publisher. My guess is she owns it.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Owner is Joe Mardesich. Supposedly published a non-Laurens book in '11, but I find no trace of it.