The AW Amazon Store
Buy Books by AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Grove Creek Publishing

Banned
    Look up. you see that bright star in the sky? I live there!

Grove Creek Publishing

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with, or thoughts about, these guys. They popped up on my radar when a member of my writers group (who works as a librarian) mentioned that they offered their books for free (just to libraries as a way to get the word out about their titles). Apparently one of their titles won an award (?) but I wasn't able to see what one or what award. Same member of my group told me about the award but I wasn't able to find it online.

Here's the link:

http://www.grovecreekpublishing.com/gc/default.asp

Their books are priced right, and the covers look alright. So it's hard to determine if they're POD or Off-set. I suspect the former since they don't mention a distributor.

I don't see any red-flags but then I don't know google-fu as well as some of you folks.

Grove Creek Publishing, LLC was founded to open a door into publishing for indie authors.
    I found this bit interesting... There is not much on the site about WHY I should go with them. There is not much on the site by way of what they do. I.E how do they advertise. Distribution Ext.
    In Progress:
    Prince$$ Ti@ of Alumin@ Querying :S

practical experience, FTW Anarchic Q's Avatar
    The website isn't coming up for me. Strange.
    Do Not Tamper With - My Writing, Art & Reviews Blog
    Wheelchair Seating for the Apocalypse - A horror short story by Q. Published on Spinetingler Magazine.
    Re-Invention - A sci-fi short story by Q. Printed in Make Something Magazine.
    GoodReads

Hum... I tried to do a bit of looking around the site and it froze my I.E.... tis odd.. Is that what happend with U ANarchicq?
    In Progress:
    Prince$$ Ti@ of Alumin@ Querying :S

I'm having no trouble with the website. I use Firefox, for what it's worth.

There's not a lot of info on the site, but the covers look good. Buy links go directly to Amazon.
    Visit my website!

aka Sadistic Mistress Mi-chan M.R.J. Le Blanc's Avatar
    Prices are good, I'd say they're POD judging by those covers. Better than most POD, but you can still kind of tell. All the books are by Jennifer Laurens (JM Warwick is her YA penname), which makes me wonder just how she's connected to this publisher. My guess is she owns it.
    Follow me on my Blog
    I'm also on Facebook
    I have a Dragon Cave

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Owner is Joe Mardesich. Supposedly published a non-Laurens book in '11, but I find no trace of it.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Updating link: http://www.grovecreekpublishing.com/home.aspx

Hasn't published anything since '12, however.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017: