Canajan, eh?

Hip-Hop-a-potamus

My rhymes are bottomless
Registered
Reaction score
People still laugh that I say Coke for all types of "pop."

In Texas, you say you want a Coke, and they ask you what kind. You say "Sprite."

M.Charles

On Sub
Registered
Reaction score
Website
notastepfordlife.com
I went out for dinner once w/someone from the States, and they asked for 'Sweet tea'.

Poor waitress was confuzzled. "We don't put sugar in it, you do that yourself."

Fortunately, I spoke enough American to translate, "He means iced tea."

Andrea_James

Registered
Reaction score
Hey! Native-born Canuck, checking in. (Although I'm also a naturalized U.S. citizen, and this year, I'm not living in either country...) I miss Chapters AND Barnes & Noble.

Cacophony

Hashtag
Registered
Reaction score
The Wet Coast, The Best Coast--yes, the West Coast--singing in. It stopped raining long enough this afternoon that I stepped away from my laptop and soaked up exactly six minutes of sunshine before the clouds rolled back over.

CDancourt

Registered
Reaction score
From Quebec here. Accent not so bad, except it changes depending whom I'm talking too... :hi:

layzerphish

Registered
Reaction score
straight from the prairies! Where I can see the neighboring town and yes, I do happen to be friends with 'Mike,' eh!

Seraph

Registered
Reaction score
Greetings fellow eh-sayers, and it's a bunnyhug, not a hoodie (Saskatchewanian here)

straight from the prairies! Where I can see the neighboring town and yes, I do happen to be friends with 'Mike,' eh!
I don't know about you, but I flipped out watching Grown Ups when the one guy was like, "I'm from Saskatchatoon!"

rhetoric by rosalie

Registered
Reaction score
Just wanted to bring this thread back up front.

As for what kind of coke: classic, diet, zero....not sprite or water.
And for tea: sweetened, unsweetened, sweet tea is in a class of it's own. It comes in strawberry and other fruity flavors. There's also the generic one. Not sure, but I think MacDonalds and Brisk came of with those categories.

TomGrimm

Registered
Reaction score
Checking in! I apologize when people bump into me sometimes.

Katana

On the edge...
Registered
Reaction score
Everybody has an accent--it's just that the Western North Americans all have a roughly homogenous accent. I can go down to places like Montana and they won't know I'm from Alberta, and even spent two days in Seattle without anyone suspecting I was from elsewhere.
A fellow Canadian checking in here! I'm a Calgarian who absolutely hates--loathes--despises the Calgary Stampede but, unfortunately, it's what we're know for around the world.

As for the above quote, it's true. Whenever I travel in the States, people think I'm from either Oregon or California, which give you some idea what many Western Canadians sound like.

MelissaMD

Registered
Reaction score
A fellow Canadian checking in here! I'm a Calgarian who absolutely hates--loathes--despises the Calgary Stampede but, unfortunately, it's what we're know for around the world.

I went to Calgary for the first time this summer for month! Had to teach several people how to drink properly :p.. As for the Stampede, I was there quite a few times, kept winning tickets to shows so we kept going back, haha. I spent a lot of time at the Roadhouse while I was there!

Chumplet

This hat is getting too hot
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chumpletwrites.blogspot.com
Calgary is also known for Spruce Meadows, an elite equestrian complex with world-class show jumping. I've never been, but I'd love to see it with my own eyes someday. Oh, yeah... the mountains, too.

MelissaMD

Registered
Reaction score
Calgary is also known for Spruce Meadows, an elite equestrian complex with world-class show jumping. I've never been, but I'd love to see it with my own eyes someday. Oh, yeah... the mountains, too.

Can't really see the mountains in Calgary, ahha.. Head towards Banff.. Its breath-taking