• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Pike Inc Ebook & Books in Print Publishing Co.

Justice

Registered
Reaction score
She has posted her support of PA in the past and if she is no longer supports PA that would be difficult to know since her website is nothing more than a single page about healthy living.

Her website is not www.tabitha-robin.com any more. It is http://www.tabitharobin.info

[/QUOTE]Must be in the last couple of weeks that she can no longer sign in because she started a new thread on the PAMB here on July 12, 2010 and was still pushing the "promote, promote" mantra here on July 12, 2010, as well.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I know, she signed in about 3 weeks ago and posted. But the thing is when PA gets upset because of her postings they fix it to where she can't log in. She tries to contact them and they never contact her back. That is one reason she hates them. She can stand them. I have heard her rant about them more than once. She made a mistake as a very young author, might as well say baby author. New to the Publishing world. She got suckered in. Once she read the articles on P&E she cried. She was stuck and had no way of getting out from under them with her first two books. She told me she would never go back to them again. She still talks to some of their authors but she has nothing to do with that company. She even warns new author friends; to not go to them.

[/QUOTE]I'm thrilled she no longer believes in PA and if this is true, I am happy to retract my previous statement and to say she is no longer a supporter of PA and that she no longer posts her support of PA on the PAMB. Can you provide a link to anything where she indicates she no longer supports PA and agrees with P&E about PA? [/QUOTE]

Tabitha Robin's Blog
She even has a link on her page supporting P&E. She tries to promote P&E because they tell the truth about Publish America and other publishing companies.

Justice

Registered
Reaction score
This is a quote from Queen of Swords regarding an email she's received on Tabitha's position at Pike:

In case you missed it or are choosing to ignore it, here it is again:

And I'll fully support the veracity of QoS's posts.

Well, I can say this much, that old bast**rd uncle-in-law (which I know to be the one that you have been writing. Not the father-in-law. The father-in-law has been bed ridden. He has heart problems. So it is her uncle you are talking to and he is just about illiterate as they come. I am trying to tell you people that Tabitha Robin only reviews books for them. She may even help with taking pictures for book covers and such but she does not edit. And she don't deal with her uncle-in-law much. He is crazier than a loon. So If you people would please leave Tabitha alone. She has done nothing wrong. You must get your facts straight. If you want to know what Tabitha does ask her, don't take someone else's word for fact. You would not want someone to do that to you. I mean, you send an email to someone and think you are talking to that person, when in fact you probably are talking to someone that does not even belong in that service.

Justice

Registered
Reaction score
Okay, this is just getting painful. You already proved that you are Tabitha when you edited your website. Please stop referring to yourself in the third person.

I don't know what you are referring to? If I am a woman then Lord help us all.

Justice

Registered
Reaction score
Are you saying that Pike lied? Interesting.

(Although I have to say, if you are correct, I'm relieved Tabitha isn't an editor. Her grasp of English is very poor.)

Yes, Pike Inc lied. You where not talking to the father-in-law like the letter said. It was the Uncle-in-law. He is a little on the loony side. The last two days, Tabitha's father-in-law has been in bed. His heart has been giving him a fit.

I don't like saying anything bad about my close friend, but she will even tell you she isn't great at English. That is why she has someone edit her book. See that is another reason Tabitha does not like publish America. Her first book "The Burning Bush" which was published by them. Note... They (PA) told her that her book would be edited to perfection. Well when she got her book and it was final, she found so many errors in it that it was unreal. She then contacted PA trying to get the errors fix. Well they then told her that she would have to pay I think it was around $75 to $150 dollars to take the book off the shelves and re-edited. She was hysterical when they told her this. So she knows herself that she is not that great in editing, that is why she would never do that job. It would not be right. She has someone else to edit her books and it is not Pike Inc. She loves her husband but she don't really tarry to well with her in laws. The only in law she can get along with is her father in law, but then there are times he drives her crazy also. See, Tabitha is such a kind person, she lets people run over her all the time. I have watched her get trampled on to many times. We went to high school together, their was this one time, This big girl they called Moose; hit Tabitha in the back and knocked her down. Tabitha just got up and went on her own way. She did not fight back or anything. I could not do anything to the girl because I am a boy, and boys hitting girls just don't fly with me. But don't get me wrong, I did tell that girl off. It is just, I have always been a friend to Tabitha. I don't like it when she lets people run over her and whoever brought her name into all this stuff..... well it just makes me mad. She is a good person and she does not deserve this. She has had to many things going on in her life that just isn't right. She don't need this on top of things. She lost her daughter in March. She had to have a biopsy in April, and so much more that I don't even write here.

brianm

Brian Boru
Registered
Reaction score
The desert of S. California and the coast of N. Ir
Tabitha Robin's Blog
She even has a link on her page supporting P&E. She tries to promote P&E because they tell the truth about Publish America and other publishing companies.

Thanks for the link, which I was unable to find when searching the Internet. I am thrilled she no longer supports PA and am happy to retract my previous statement that she is a PA supporter.

~brianm~

Justice

Registered
Reaction score
It might benefit both yourself and your good friend Tabitha if you did more reading about the publishing industry and less guessing.

As MM said, reviews are done for the readers, not the author. If authors pay for reviews, they'll never know whether the reviewer liked their books or liked their checkbooks.

I don't plan on being a published author. Honey I am going to be a lawyer. I don't need that little fantasy world you put yourself in to. If you don't want to pay for a review that if fine, don't. This is not what this is all about. This is about you poking your dirty little fingers into my friends side. She don't get paid for reviews, she does them free. She has never made any money off a review, and I know that for a fact.

Justice

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the link, which I was unable to find when searching the Internet. I am thrilled she no longer supports PA and am happy to retract my previous statement that she is a PA supporter.

~brianm~

Thank you Brian, At least there is one person on here that has a heart and brain.

LLauren

A proud member of the Cat Staff
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bibliobuffet.com
The New York Times, charges $250 dollars for a book review.

I'm very interested in this statement you made earlier, Justice. Since you stated it as fact, please provide a source for it. A link to that source, too, if you don't mind.

Justice

Registered
Reaction score
She just saw nothing wrong with copying and pasting PublishAmerica's claims about itself on to Pike's website, with the name of the company changed? Or was another Pike employee responsible for that?

Once this was brought to Pike's attention, they removed the copied-and-pasted text from their website. It's still on the first page of this thread, though.

Tabitha did not design or post anything on the Pike Website. Why do you keep saying she. She did not run that company, she only does reviews for them.

Justice

Registered
Reaction score
The New York Times, charges $250 dollars for a book review.

I'm very interested in this statement you made earlier, Justice. Since you stated it as fact, please provide a source for it. A link to that source, too, if you don't mind.

I don't have the source, but I do know that 4 years ago, Tabitha tried to get New York Times to review her book. She thought it would help her. So she went to their site and contacted someone at that company. They told her in an email response that it would cost her $250 dollars to get a review. I would just have to research it for you, but I have no time. Maybe you can find it. But I do know that is what they told Tabitha 4 years ago when she wanted her book reviewed by them.

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
http://www.nytimes.com/membercenter/faq/books.html?ref=review#booksqa2

In all honesty, while this is the most recent information, I find it difficult to believe they'd ever charge for a review. Now, four years ago, ever. Granted, they've done some things that have called their journalistic integrity into question recently, but charge for a review? Maybe they'd pay a first-time freelancer that much for a quick paragraph.

Last edited:

Justice

Registered
Reaction score
With all due respect, your name was mentioned twice before you came here, now the last 4 pages have been about you and a spotlight has been cast on your blogs and your writing. Had you just left it alone, people would have identified you just as someone associated with the company and left it at that.

That is what happens here. Members find out the names of the people behind the publishing houses (or vanity presses like Pike inc) and examine what experience, if any, they have.

I hope what goes around comes around. I hope someone will take the liberty to tarnish someone you love and then let us watch you sit back and do nothing.

DeadlyAccurate

Absolutely Fazed
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.carlaharker.com
You do your friend a grave disservice when you insult and condescend to the writers on this board. QoS does a lot of excellent work assisting writers with making informed decisions about the publishing professionals they should be working with. The people here work to protect writers. Not publishers, not editors, not agents, not reviewers. Writers. I don't give a rat's ass if your friend's feelings are hurt. The information posted here is researched, with links to back them up. If it's wrong, Ms. Robin needs to work to fix that. If it's not, she needs to politely ask you to shut the hell up, because you're only making her look worse.

LLauren

A proud member of the Cat Staff
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bibliobuffet.com
I don't have the source, but I do know that 4 years ago, Tabitha tried to get New York Times to review her book. She thought it would help her. So she went to their site and contacted someone at that company. They told her in an email response that it would cost her $250 dollars to get a review. I would just have to research it for you, but I have no time. Maybe you can find it. But I do know that is what they told Tabitha 4 years ago when she wanted her book reviewed by them.

Well, this might help. I went to the NYT Book Review FAQs section where I found this:
How do I submit a book to be reviewed by The New York Times Book Review?

Galleys of books for review consideration should be addressed to the "Editor of the Book Review" three to four months in advance of publication. If galleys are not available, finished books may be sent.

All publishers are welcome to send material for review consideration, but please be aware that we review only a very small percentage of the books we receive and the odds against a given book receiving a review are long indeed. So before you send galleys or books you should familiarize yourself with the kinds of books we do and do not review.

For example, we only review books published in the United States and available through general-interest bookstores.

We cannot return books or galleys, and we cannot respond to queries (my emphasis) regarding the status of a galley or book sent for review consideration.

If you would like to have your book considered for review, please send it to:

Editor
The New York Times Book Review
620 Eighth Avenue, 5th Floor
New York, NY 10018

If you are sending a children's book, please send it to the attention of the Children's Book Editor.
Isn't it odd that they mention nothing about payment? Oh, and here's the link so you can check it out too.

Last edited:

Giant Baby

Oh, the humanity.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Somebody get me my checkbook STAT! I'm a gonna be reviewed by the New York Times!

I noticed your claim earlier about this, but not pretending to know enough about what might go on between publishers and major market reviewers, didn't feel qualified to call foul. But, if you're actually claiming that a PA or self-published author can purchase a review from the NYT for $250, I would seriously caution you to make damn sure it's true. You might want to consider doing that research, after all.

Marian Perera

starting over
Registered
Reaction score
Heaven is a place on earth called Toronto.
Website
www.marianperera.com
You do your friend a grave disservice when you insult and condescend to the writers on this board. QoS does a lot of excellent work assisting writers with making informed decisions about the publishing professionals they should be working with.

Thanks, DA. Tabitha's (or Tabitha's friend's) attempts at personal comments say more about her and her company than I ever could.

Justice

Registered
Reaction score
http://www.nytimes.com/membercenter/faq/books.html?ref=review#booksqa2

In all honesty, while this is the most recent information, I find it difficult to believe they'd ever charge for a review. Now, four years ago, ever. Granted, they've done some things that have called their journalistic integrity into question recently, but charge for a review? Maybe they'd pay a first-time freelancer that much for a quick paragraph.

I am just stating what was sent to her. I remember it well because she ranted and raved about how stupid it was to charge that much for a review.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Since we have already tutored the aspiring lawyer on the difference between slander and libel, let's offer an example: claiming the NYT charges for reviews would be trade libel because 1) it's not true, and 2) they have an established reputation to protect. (IANAL, et al.)

Last edited:

Bubastes

bananaed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gracewen.com

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Aw, Daaaaad!

But, yes, I suppose there does come a point when even Nerf bats are lethal force against the unarmed. </not helping>

Deleted member 42

I have received official blessing for a piñata smiley. I just can't find one.

So if y'all want to do something helpful . . . .