• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

ANOTHER SCAM??!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
Well folks, here we go again it looks like. I just got this in my junk email folder. Curious to know if anyone else has been besieged with this one.Triceratops POWERBALL LOTTO. BV POWERBALL-WHEEL E-GAME 2005Dear Consolation Prize Winner,NOTICE OF CONSOLATION PRIZE WINNINGThis email confirms that you have been notified of by the POWERBALLINTER LOTTO BV The Netherlands of your email lottery winning for 2005Powerball Lotto - Wheel E-game held on 25th July 2005.We wish to congratulate you on the selection of your email couponnumber which was selected among the 45 lucky consolation prize winners.Your email ID identified with Coupon No.PBL2348974321 and was selectedby Electronic Random Selection System (ERSS) with entries from the50,000 different email addresses enrolled for the Lotto-Wheel E-game.Your email ID included among the 50,000 different email addresses wheresubmitted by our partner international email provider companies.Prize Ref No.: PBL/CN/6654/CPLottery Group: Consolation Prize GroupPrize Amount: US $500,000 Five Hundred Thousand Dollars OnlyYou are required to file claims for your lottery prize winning bycontacting the Lottery Claims Processing Officer with your winninginformation provided above.Lottery Claims Officer:Name: Mr.Frank DikkensEmail: [email protected]Tel: 0031621987260 or +31621987260Fax: 0031620579576 or +31620579576Congratulations once again from all our staffs on your consolationprize winning, we hope you will partake in our forth coming PowerballLotto-Wheel Email-games.Yours truly,Mrs.Juliet Matthew,(Lottery Coordinator)
| | | | Junk E-Mail| Inbox
spacer.gif
© 2005 Microsoft TERMS OF USE Advertise TRUSTe Approved Privacy Statement Anti-Spam Policy
spacer.gif
c.gif

MadScientistMatt

Empirical Storm Trooper
Registered
Reaction score
Website
madscientistmatt.blogspot.com
Yeah, I get a dozen of the phony lotto scams each month. It's a variation of the ubiquitous 419 or Nigerian Scam Letter. For some reason, though, they usually claim the lottery is in some European country, often the Netherlands. I've heard the crime syndicates that carry out 419 scams often travel to those countries to meet victims.

Many years ago, I used to post on the Usenet with my real email address. That was a big mistake. Even though I haven't been around there in years, it seems that my email address got harvested and sold to some of the worst spam scum on the planet. So I get a lot of the Nigerian Scam Letters, and worse.

Last edited:

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
Yep. Got one. Lawyer friend informed me that it is illegal for American Citizens to participate in foreign lotteries. So even if it was legit, you're screwed. (but its not legit.)

Status
Not open for further replies.