Was Adam really the first man created on earth?

Was Adam really the first man created

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
???

My outta some sorta sexual deviancy loop?

No, it's not even remotely sexual. If Adam was the first man, it stands to reason he wouldn't have a navel. He wouldn't have been carried in a womb and therefore there would be no umbilical cord. Ergo, no bellybutton.

Paul

Banned
Reaction score
No, it's not even remotely sexual. If Adam was the first man, it stands to reason he wouldn't have a navel. He wouldn't have been carried in a womb and therefore there would be no umbilical cord. Ergo, no bellybutton.

oh.

Well that's interesting.

*cough*

so, em, is yours an innie or an outtie? :D

(em, Ergo was Adam's son right?)

Deleted member 42

Another difference between Adam and the Neanderthal caveman was that Adam was educated and could talk. According to the Book of Genesis, Adam named the animals and named God. The Neanderthal caveman was primitive and only grunted.]

Where on Earth did you get this from? They were cross-fertile with homo sapiens sapiens.

And how are you defining "primitive"? They had art. They had tools. They did this about 31,000 years ago, within an interval of +/- 1,300 years.

chevaux.jpg

Also, there are some of those out there who think that man evolved from an ape which I highly disagree.

No one suggests that man was descended from an Ape.

No one.

And really, if you want to know what the Bible says, you really need to read it in the original, and not some translated, or edited, version.

You can start here. You'll need to learn Hebrew, and Koine. It shouldn't take more than two years with regular work.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 42

em Med, I doan think dis guy knows nuthin, if ye foller me.

(Double negative necessary for character)

Yeah, but I always try to post with lurkers in mind.

Plus, I love that picture.

thothguard51

A Gentleman of a refined age...
Registered
Reaction score
I have always been amazed that Genesis explains the big bang theory...

How could someone from thousands of years ago figure out the big bang?

Guardian

just the worst honestly
Registered
Reaction score
I have always been amazed that Genesis explains the big bang theory...

How could someone from thousands of years ago figure out the big bang?

I don't know if it explains the Big Bang theory exactly. But it does pretty much say that everything came out of nothing (not literally nothing; that isn't possible), which is a lot like the Big Bang theory.

I'm really amazed that the steps of creation in Genesis follow what science has pretty much been able to figure out and logically prove. It IS amazing that someone figured that out. They could have said a giant chicken laid an egg and when it cracked, there was the universe, but they didn't.

Lhun

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
What's with all the creationist posts lately?

I'm really amazed that the steps of creation in Genesis follow what science has pretty much been able to figure out and logically prove.
You have to interpret genesis extremely loosely to make it fit cosmology. Force it, really.

greta2242

Registered
Reaction score
EEK... ok well I wanted to respond. I guess I have a New Age type view of the whole thing, and it's what makes sense to me. Part of my view is Kabbalah and part is New Age and probably part is the childhood in Catholic school. No judgment!!!

Anyhow I like the idea that Adam and Eve were the first people with a soul. Before 5000 years ago the primatives were without a soul. Adam and Eve's Garden was the entire cosmos where Earth was just a small speck within the Garden. Adam and Eve were without a body as we have. Upon Eve feeding Adam the fruit, the punishment was to put their soul into animal bodies and forced to live within animal flesh. Every person in the world has a part of Adam and Eve's soul within them.

This version works for me, when I need to think about these things.

Lhun

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Anyhow I like the idea that Adam and Eve were the first people with a soul. Before 5000 years ago the primatives were without a soul.
Damn, i'm sure the ancient egyptians and greek will be shocked to hear they had no souls.

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Damn, i'm sure the ancient egyptians and greek will be shocked to hear they had no souls.

Not to mention the Chinese, Indians, other Africans, Native Americans, etc. etc. etc.

Then again, I'm not really convinced on the entire matter of souls in the first place, but I know that's just me.

Lhun

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Then again, I'm not really convinced on the entire matter of souls in the first place, but I know that's just me.
[total derail]I always loved the official ebay policy regarding the selling of souls. :D Either they're not real, and it's fraud and not allowed, or they're real, and it's selling human body parts and not allowed[/total derail]

Deleted member 42

Anyhow I like the idea that Adam and Eve were the first people with a soul. Before 5000 years ago the primitives were without a soul.

The idea that the Neolithic peoples who built Stonehenge, c. 3000 BCE and the people who built Newgrange/Brugh na Boine, and the people who built the pyramids of Giza c. 2589-2504 BCE didn't have a soul is less than appealing to me.

I don't think you can create art without a "soul," on the large scale.

This stone from Brugh na Boine is art, as well as science:

greta2242

Registered
Reaction score
Not to mention the Chinese, Indians, other Africans, Native Americans, etc. etc. etc.

Greeks, Chinese, ancient Egypt, and Indians from India are all of course AFTER and are mentioned in the stories AFTER. I'm pretty sure Abraham, Jacob, and Joseph mention Egypt a few times. And as for the Mayans, they are dated to the time of ancient Egypt.

Either way I don't think about these things all the time. I said that it's my preferred thinking when I do try to place the beginning of time stuff, and then go back to my own life.

But math wise let's say 3000 BCE plus 2010 equals 5010 which is roughly what 5000 years?!?!

greta2242

Registered
Reaction score
So instead of writing I was investigating. The oldest known city that is still inhabited and oldest art is from Jericho. Apparently there is a statute head from 9000 BCE. I'm ok with pushing the date further back, as the math doesn't truly bother me in my little theory.

But I found it interesting that when I asked for no judgment, people assumed that I said the Chinese, Greeks etc were without souls. Talking about putting words and opinions onto others.

Anyone who can write, draw or communicate has a soul. There is no way to carbon date my own theory with the story.

Status
Not open for further replies.