Lymphoma vaccine enters Stage III trials

Status
Not open for further replies.

defcon6000

Banned
Reaction score
a new vaccine that rewires your body’s own defenses to wipe out prostate cancer.
Sounds more terrifying than helpful. What if the rewiring goes terribly, terribly wrong? I mean if you mess up your immune system, you're screwed. Not Debbie Downer :tongue, but you have to wonder.

clintl

Represent.
Registered
Reaction score
That's why they do trials. To make sure things like that won't go wrong.

Dommo

On Mac's double secret probation.
Registered
Reaction score
The way I look at it, if I'm in the terminal stages of cancer, I don't think I'd be all that worried about the effects of my immune system going nuts. Especially when I've got cancerous tumors that are spreading throughout my body.

If my body is going to have a civil war, then by god let me mobilize my army to take the rebel cancer cells on.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
My immune system's already toast, and I'm taking a drug that toasts it further, plus one of the (rare) side effects is... lymphoma. [cue irony]

However, my officemate died of lymphoma in May. It was not pleasant. I hope this is effective, like the HPV vaccine.

MattW

Company Man
Registered
Reaction score
I sure hope those evil companies developing don't plan on making a profit, otherwise it would wipe out all the possible good their vaccine could do. If all they want to do is make a buck, they would have been better off not doing anything.

:sarcasm

Maxinquaye

That cheeky buggerer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
maxoneverything.wordpress.com
Yeah, as I said in the immortality thread about this, it's so awesome the way medical knowledge is racing ahead. Just imagine it, we are starting to be able to develop knowledge about the fine print of human genetics. Just imagine where we can be in ten-twenty years time.

How can you not be optimistic, and awestruck?

Albedo

Alex
Registered
Reaction score
I sure hope those evil companies developing don't plan on making a profit, otherwise it would wipe out all the possible good their vaccine could do. If all they want to do is make a buck, they would have been better off not doing anything.

:sarcasm

strawman.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.