Designer Babies: Preventing lesbianism and tomboys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
edt: Of course the term 'tomboy' is no longer applicable these days. There is nothing boyish about any particular activity. And anyone who gives kids slack for doing things "that doesn't suit their gender" or who tries to pigeon hole them into some narrow mode of behavior is doing them a real disservice.

It is applicable as a fashion statement.

An incredibly hot fashion statement. :D

Ken

Banned
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
... googled "tomboy fashion." Kinda cool. Laid back and down to earth :)
Back when I was a teen a lot of girls used to dress like that.
Rock music inspired attire :Guitar:

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
I am not gay and never experimented, but when I was in middle school, I dressed "grunge" - big old jeans, plaid shirts, band t-shirts, Berkinstocks or boots.

I don't dress like that now. Now I'm very much a girlie girl. But back then, it was all grunge all the way just because I liked it.

SaraP

You can't forget those you've loved
Registered
Reaction score
Obstetrics is filled with examples of inovative ideas/treatments/drugs used without the proper research ending up with disastrous results. What's more shocking is those doctors are not learning the history lessons and keep doing it.

And seriously, the whole "normalized behaviour" thing freaks me out. The fact that the DSMV IV is bigger than the previous version freaks me out. This whole topic freaks me out.

*shudder*

Guardian

just the worst honestly
Registered
Reaction score
I would be dead on three counts because of this. I knew of the article a while ago, didn't know about this discussion. I don't even find the "let's prevent lesbianism" so horrifying as the fact that "scientists" are trying to find a way to DECIDE what a woman should think and how she should act. It's not just the risk of being a lesbian but the risk of being anything other than a wanna-be housewife.

Can't beat your women back into the kitchen? Get them pre-programmed.

Ruv Draba

Banned
Reaction score
I can't see a compassionate case to intervene except for physical dysfunction or health risks... but I also think that human sexuality is insanely over-cranked for our modern life-spans anyway. I can't help but feel that we'd do better socially and economically if we had less sex-drive of any kind, and could find a way to lay eggs once every few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.