Cheesy writing alert!

rebelcheese

Registered
Reaction score
Hey. rebelcheese here, a lurker for the last month but I finally decided too many discussions have gone by that I've wanted to get involved in, so I registered, and I give credit for the mods/admins for their very fast approval.

Anyway, I'm turning 23 in September, and I write a variety of speculative fiction of both the YA and adult variety. I do, however, have some suspense/thriller and even a couple of romance ideas/storyboards laying around, so I guess you can say I'm a jack of all trades, and a master of none. I stubbornly don't follow trends in fiction, rather, I'd prefer to make my own trends, so don't expect vampires, zombies, or werewolves unless I can do a new spin on it (like, say, have vampires piloting giant robots. 'Cause giant robots are awesome XD).

My Nanowrimo profile is here, with an early version of my novel's first chapter available. http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/131082

I've had five rejections so far, which made me do another draft of the novel I'm selling, this time switching from a third person, multi-perspective approach to a first-person, one-perspective approach, with several character, plot, and setting changes in the process. This also caused the novel to be cut from 93,000 to 70,000 words so I think the novel's become less risky in the process, and I think I'm a more effective writer from the first person anyway. I'm currently trying again, this time using the new draft as the basis for my queries. I'm also deciding between two storyboards for my next attempt at Nano, one being a YA supernatural-type story, and the other being an adult space opera adventure.

I want this to be my career, most of all, and hopefully I will sell something so I can establish a career that I will enjoy.

I'm looking forward to being a part of the community. See you all around.

rebelcheese

Registered
Reaction score
Lol, now you guys are tempting me with the "vampire in mechs" thing. That was supposed to be a joke. XD But now I actually want to storyboard it and see what happens!

Don't be surprised if you see my post count inflate really fast, either. That tends to happen during my first week on any message board, and then it slows down to a steady pace afterwards.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Don't forget to read the Newbie's Guide and enjoy your stay

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.
How do you like your popcorn?

If you go to the bottom of the page to the ‘forum jump’ you can scroll down and find all the areas of this place. Most of the SYW areas require the password of ….vista. Good luck.